From The Sublime To The Ridiculous

tugmistress

full story Here :wacko::wacko::wacko:

quote from it.....

Story in full THE public are to be told not to smoke in their own homes as part of plans to protect public sector workers from the effect of passive smoking.

The move is the latest part of the Scottish Executive's ban on smoking in public places, which will come into force on 26 March next year.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

full story Here :wacko::wacko::wacko:

quote from it.....

Story in full THE public are to be told not to smoke in their own homes as part of plans to protect public sector workers from the effect of passive smoking.

The move is the latest part of the Scottish Executive's ban on smoking in public places, which will come into force on 26 March next year.

Not ridiculous at all. If all workers deserve smoke-free environments in which to work, this has to include people whose jobs take them in to other people's houses. What they're asking for (please don't smoke less than an hour before the anticipated visit) sounds reasonable. A lot more reasonable than the media headlines which are/will be along the lines of "Public forbidden to smoke in their own homes", which would be inaccurate and alarmist nonsense. If someone can't hold out for more than an hour without a fag, out of consideration to a visitor whose job is to help them, don't you think that's pretty selfish?

Not ridiculous at all. If all workers deserve smoke-free environments in which to work, this has to include people whose jobs take them in to other people's houses. What they're asking for (please don't smoke less than an hour before the anticipated visit) sounds reasonable. A lot more reasonable than the media headlines which are/will be along the lines of "Public forbidden to smoke in their own homes", which would be inaccurate and alarmist nonsense. If someone can't hold out for more than an hour without a fag, out of consideration to a visitor whose job is to help them, don't you think that's pretty selfish?

Couldn't agree more DavyR.

Two people in a room, one smoking then BOTH are smoking - full stop.

Smokers have the right to choose whether to smoke or not. Non smokers also have the same choice, but that choice is negated if someone in that room smokes. If you want to smoke, fine then do it in a place that is not going to impose upon others who choose not to.

And yes, I have smoked, I smoked for many years on & off but never smoked around people who found it objectionable

FearTheHands.gif

Knowing my luck if I were a buddhist I'd come back as myself ...

Guest Brumagem Phil
Sorry, but I know what i'd say if a public sector employee doing what he is paid for asked me to refrain from smoking in my own home. :o

In which case he/she will leave and you'll get the help you require when you choose to respect their wishes.

Sorry but some smokers just assume they have the right to puff away regardless of whether those around them like it or not.

In which case he/she will leave and you'll get the help you require when you choose to respect their wishes.

Sorry but some smokers just assume they have the right to puff away regardless of whether those around them like it or not.

So they shouldn't respect MY wishes when in MY home then?

And yes I have the right to puff away in MY own home whether those around like it or not.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.