From The Sublime To The Ridiculous

tugmistress

If someone coming to do work on the house has to be in the living room, i will open a window if they do not smoke -

Ant, Yoxer, Paula - as I said earlier in the thread:

"If it ever came to it, why not enquire when making the appointment if the person visiting would prefer *not* to be breathing fag smoke whilst they're in your house?"

As others have pointed out, it's more a question of good manners than political correctness. But the former seems to be in short supply these days, unlike the latter (unfortunately).

See above ;)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its is so much bollixs to say you shouldnt be smoking in your own home if workers have to enter it when we are still pumping the air with so much more crap.

Vehicle and industrial emissions are already the subject of strict regulation. It's not perfect but it's a start. Now smokers' emissions are being regulated.

The 'moral' is there if you look for it.

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

As a purer than snow ex smoker I can understand the feeling of smokers being marginalised.

Any worker can refuse to enter your home if he/she thinks it is unsafe and this might include tobacco smoke, like wise my habit of walking about with a meat axe might deter some.

However what really worries me is the idea that local authorities will draw up lists of smokers homes, where can this idea take us consiparcy theorists :rolleyes:

Edited by Scapanapper

The day may just come when you (the smoker) will be refused help because of the risk perceived by the helper.

What a load of fuss being made, all you are being asked is to show a little tiny bit of self restraint and common courtesy to others who have to enter your house.

I hope the authorities do make a list of "hazardous homes" and that the workers who are obliged to call on these homes will have the legal right to refuse to enter these homes.

More regulation, not less, and put up taxes to pay for them say I,

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I often have to visit patients who smoke,what I find most offputting is patients who smoke whilst connected up to their continous oxygen supply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also find it offensive when kneeling on the floor in front of the patient trying to give care and having smoke blown into my face,as a non smoker i find this very distasteful,and get cross when the next patient says they can smell the smoke on my uniform so I must have been smoking.... We can be disciplined if seen smoking in uniform whilst driving in our cars.(I'm a non smoker)

Edited by nursejudy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)