Framing A Photograph

ayjay

I want to frame a photgraph, it's A3 size, (about 16"X 12" in old money). That's a proper frame, not on a computer. :)

I'm sure I can cut a mount OK but do I need to attach the photo to a backing board or something before it goes in the frame and if so what do I attach it with?

Guest Finepix

If your photograph is smaller than the mount I would recommend neat strips of masking tape on all four sides of the image (this reduces the image from slippping). I personally wouldn't use any kind of glue as you would have to adhere the image to the mount, which means ruining the image at a later date. I would also place a piece of card or thin cardboard behind the image before framing. This will just hold it all together nicely and also protect your image (but make sure the card is the same size of the frame).

I also wouldn't advise making your own mount. You can buy them (quite cheaply) from any art shop, which seem to be dotted around most towns these days.

:)

Edited by Finepix