Idiot Anglers

Colin Brett

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blimey that must be a big paper,lots of eye catching words in there to promote it to a peta site unless ofcourse its FROM a peta site,luckily (from what i can make out) the hooks have the barbs flattened so unfortunatly brings to mind a legal angler than an illegal one :(

it also brings into the matter the fact the dog was loose in a country park and attacking fish :D

perhaps if the water is rented by a club a gesture of paying the vets bill could be made (with the newspaper covering the story) to at least weigh the incident down a bit ,if its day ticket and controlled by the park then its up to them to control the anglers and the litter from them.

being chesters1 has there been any anti angling episodes in the local papers recently or letters to get fishing banned at the park ?? its not unknown (but i'm not inferring its connected to this chap) for "episodes" to occur putting weight behind determined efforts to get things changed ;)

my point being our local green ,on sundays we get hundreds of visitors whose ofspring use the shallow part of the river for paddling ,i pass the spot 3 times a day in the summer on my bailiffing routine.

for months there had been letters from "concerned" (address withheld) regarding the destruction of the banks ,loud music and litter etc (even stranger as the roumers started when a new person bought the house next door to the green) <_<

i got interested and in passing looked for all this naughty goings on ,yes there was lots of people ,loads of kids ,loads of cars parked on the road (because the council put a little fence on the verges stopping the safer parking ,also after this new owner arrived) but more stranger no vandelism (theres nothing to vandelise) no loud music (we can hear the pub from our house so would have noticed) but a strange thing happened litter used to appear overnight :o it wasent there (although there was a few windblown crisp bags etc now and again) last thing at night when i went at dusk on my rounds but on going past in the morning the place was covered :o:o

now with this "evidence" the banks are fenced (never did see the bank erosion they were covered in nettles and brambles bar a couple of gaps) fishings been stopped etc .

so what you see isnt always how it is ;)

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

OI OI well i dont belive the angler left this exspensive tackle behind on porpous & why was the dog

running free just because it's a country park, Our club have water in a country park ive had people throw stick's in right where im fishing & the smirk at you and say sorry patheticaly ive had them cock there leg up my gear & s**t on my rod bag & they DONT PAY TO USE THE PARK, but i still say ther's no bad dog's just

bad owners.

:angry::angry::angry: ba*****s

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

I wish i'd found that lure it looks like a good one.

Accidents happen no matter how careful you are i very much doubt anyone would leave it on purpose.

I find broken glass, old plastic containers, tin cans etc a worse hazzard.

Also if i know people fish a waters then i wouldn't let my dog go mooching in the pegs or fishing area just incase someone has misplaced some hook's or tackle that the dog may try eating or stand on.

By the way the vets are "takeing the p*ss" with their prices as usuall.

Tigger.

That part of the river Cam in Cambridge (Fen Road) is a dog toilet, there are loads and loads, of dog excrement fowling the grass verges either side of the footpath, There is also the biggest Travelers encampment of it's type in Europe , complete with raw sewerage into the dyke's leading to the river, a big council estate that requires policing, a run down industrial site and some nice residential property's along the waterfront that I would not give you tuppence for!

This is the very place I was attacked with an Axe by a Traveler when he tried to take my life in a big angling competition on the 2/10/04 run by the NFA, speaking bluntly , I have to say I am appalled by the coverage this man has received over his dog, it is far more than I ever got, and is another example of how us Brits have got our priority's all wrong, we seem to put animals and their welfare ahead of humans, I cannot begin to tell you how angry I am.

PS, My attacker has still not been arrested, despite the fact the police know who he is,have a passport photo of him and are aware of his activity's, My MP is working on it for me, but I do not hold out much hope of a conviction, so when I hear "Ah, poor little thing" please excuse me if I do not join in, thank you.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

It does lok like the lure has been tossed up the bank after loosing it's tail. There are indeed some idiot anglers in the world.

You can tell that they're stupid and thoughtless 'cause anyone with a brain would have removed and re-used the belly hook or even welded a curly tail on in place of the paddle.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

From the article:-

We have enough problems with illegal fishermen, never mind legal fishermen leaving their tackle behind

How does he know it was left by a legal angler?

If the place was a country park then all dogs should be kept on leads at all times, which is the best possible safeguard for the dog and any humans. What would the case of been if some careless dog owner (with a dog off the lead) had allowed their dog to attack some innocent child while supposedly having a fun time at the country park? Yes, I think it is nice to allow a dog to run around freely but only in the right place at the right time and not where there are likely to be other members of the public.

It does lok like the lure has been tossed up the bank after loosing it's tail. There are indeed some idiot anglers in the world.

You can tell that they're stupid and thoughtless 'cause anyone with a brain would have removed and re-used the belly hook or even welded a curly tail on in place of the paddle.

How can one make the assumption that it "Does look like the lure has been tossed up the bank after losing it's tail"? I suspect its more likely that the lure was accidentally lost and the tail was detached by the hapless mutt? Incidentally I'm an animal love and dogs are right up there amongst my favorites.

Probably left by a passing boat angler after snagging the bank. I've done it a few times although mostly off the ground in trees out of reach of dogs. (not out of reach of birds though) Lure anglers will go to extreme lengths to recover a lure to keep it away from mammals and birds as well as having an eye to the replacement cost. Even those with broken tails can be repaired, so I doubt whether it was just chucked up the bank. The owner probably was unable to find it or find a landing spot where they could go look for it. Accidents happen from time to time....and whilst dogs off leashes and out of sight of their owner can be a menace in their own way, its always going to be the angler that's going to be to blame for incidents like this, even though the dog probably had to step around tons of shite that others had left and the local council couldnt be bothered to deal with. Really down to the dog owner to keep an eye on the mutt.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'