Idiot Anglers

Colin Brett

He is a whinging old git who is just having a dig at anglers by using a cuddly dog to get his message across its got nothing to do with gaining support from the neutrals,the damage of the article is already done and as I said if his dog had injured itself on some rusty old metal or broken glass nothing would be said, but as it is a piece of angling equipment its front page stuff.

Its the countryside and there are things out there you don't expect its not always anybodies fault.

A few years ago my mates gundog ran into a patch of long grass to retrieve a pigeon and became entangled in a load of barbed wire discarded by a farmer, resulting in it losing the sight in one eye, this never made the papers as it the sort of thing that sometimes happens, my mate didn't think of going to the papers and banding it around that all farmers are leaving potentialy dangerous stuff around the countryside.(which they do, but bits of a rusting old plough is regarded as quaint rather than potentially dangerous.

I agree whole heartedly with the littering comments and would never defend anyone who had purposly discarded this item just as if they had been leaving any other rubbish but neither ourselves or the guy in question have any knowledge that that was the case.

The old guy must be off his rocker asking for someone to apologise to the dog and the park ranger calling it irresponsible behaviour, for god sakes this was an accident. They do happen sometimes.

Edited by chappers

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rabbit

Bob hope you agree that it is as always just the few that spoil it for us all. My point is that most anglers I know are very decent people (look no further than this forum) who actually care about the environment that we depend on for our pleasure. But the message that the litter louts leave is a very powerful one.

Well i think were all a bunch of winging old gits, why is it everytime angling gets bad press its because it was set up by the @nti's.

It reminds me of a joke i heard recently.

A charity pantomime in aid of paranoid schizophrenics descended into

chaos yesterday when someone shouted, "He's behind you!"

I just hope i'm not the donkeys ass ;)

Anybody been fishing recently :)

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image