What was your Worst XMAS prezzie ever.

blindog

Just been thinking of some of the cr@p presents that i 've had over the years,havent been home to open this years yet,

Last year my M8 got me a Kangaroo Scrotum(actualy its pretty good for keeping swivels and beads in).

Whats your weirdest or worst :blink:

Merry Christmas

Lenny

Edited by blindog

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

When your wasted all the time

Nil Desperandum

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly naff, but for years I was given bottles of after shave for Christmas by an aunt. The fact that at the time I had a better beard than Grizzly Adams didn't seem to have sunk in....

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

My worst came on last Wednesday - just four days before Christmas Day - when my beloved bull terrier Penfold died suddenly! :(:(

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

My worst came on last Wednesday - just four days before Christmas Day - when my beloved bull terrier Penfold died suddenly! :(:(

My sympathies, Chevin. :( My dachshund is now over 16 years old and I cherish each day I have with the little guy (except for when he bit me on the toe yesterday evening while Newt carved the standing rib roast :o ).

OI OI my sister turned her back on her son at christmas & so anne & myself are keeping an eye on him.

you know you can pick your friend's but your stuck with BLOODY family........sorry to hear about penfold.

:(:o:angry:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

I have recieved a certificate this xmas stating that i now have an Almond Tree in spain, someone has paid £15 for this for me and i have to pay £15 pa for its upkeep. Apparently i will recieve 2 photos of the tree and a kilo of the Almonds it bears :):blink: Dave

Life is rather like a tin of sardines - we're all of us looking for the key.

I have recieved a certificate this xmas stating that i now have an Almond Tree in spain, someone has paid £15 for this for me and i have to pay £15 pa for its upkeep. Apparently i will recieve 2 photos of the tree and a kilo of the Almonds it bears :):blink: Dave

I hope there are no parrots in Spain! I have an almond tree in my garden that produces a lot of almonds. However, I don't get many of them because parrots either eat them or just nip them off and drop them! To us, parrots are as big a problem as cormorants are to you guys! No matter how many you shoot there are always plenty to take their place!

Thanks to those who have offered their sympathies about Penfold. The poor guy is being sorely missed.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Thanks to those who have offered their sympathies about Penfold. The poor guy is being sorely missed.

My sympathies too, Chevin - my email on that subject got bounced back, but I hope it has now reached you.

BTW the only parrots in Spain are in cages - and maybe a few who have escaped.

I'm sure I could buy more than a kilo of almonds for fifteen quid. The scheme sounds a good way of selling almonds at inflated prices to me. Also a good way of getting rid of "friends" you don't like ;)

The idea is not new, Indian Rajahs who had troublesome courtiers used to solve the problem by giving the troublemaker a sacred white elephant as a present. The cost of maintaining the sacred gift would soon reduce the courtier to penury.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I am so sorry to hear about Penfold...reading about him always raised a smile, as it meant we would hear more about Morris.

As for the worst presents I've ever received.....Ian Botham's autobiography comes close (IMO appallingly written and a self-serving rant against the media from whom he now makes a living).

However...........

This year............

AN IRONING BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine