Fav' pic of all time

n4lly

Its an angling forum, and I do love action, this ones noisey, all the stops were out, but have aways liked it cos its right in the middle of the cast and Terry is perfectly ballanced almost floating as the rod comes through, about this time of year as well, 17th Jan 2004, I remember it was so cold, the camera view screen kept droping pixcel blocks!

castingrw0il.jpg

:ph34r:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But wheres the water???!!!

Oops, forgot to log in, this is TubularBelle (Tracy), not Hellbelly (Michael), and he's not that fat either, not sure why he calls himself that, it use to be Hillbilly because we live in the Adelaide Hills.

Edited by Hellbelly
rb_getcreative.gif

But wheres the water???!!!

Oops, forgot to log in, this is TubularBelle (Tracy), not Hellbelly (Michael), and he's not that fat either, not sure why he calls himself that, it use to be Hillbilly because we live in the Adelaide Hills.

Tracy,

Just Shows you how far 'Tell' can cast :lol::lol: . . . N'a, Tells practicing his tornament cast, only interested in distance, cant measure distance 260+yds out to sea! :P:lol: or are you pulling my leg? :blink:

Edited by CJS2

its right in the middle of the cast and Terry is perfectly ballanced almost floating as the rod comes through,

I reckon he's actually snagged on a fence that's just out of shot behind him & had you taken this a second later we'd have seen him picking up the pieces of his rods top section. :lol:

here's mine, taken at the end of chester's street

ours is the 3rd foxhole down ,the guard is to limit the intrepid collectors club's parking violations

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I think this is one of the best bird pics I've ever seen.

I wish I could take them like this.

sunsetowl6zb.jpg

Wouldent mind betting that 'Owl' has been added later, any one know for sure? Cynic aint I, creates a loverly image though ;)

Edited by CJS2

Guest Finepix

Hmmm, I would probaby say that the owl was added (the lighting seems all wrong), but what an image! Even without the owl, just stunning. Definitley a 'Wish it were mine' ..............

Wouldent mind betting that 'Owl' has been added later, any one know for sure?

Hmmm, I would probaby say that the owl was added (the lighting seems all wrong),

You could ask the photographer if you like, but I very much doubt it. Nigel Blake's website

He was asked about the lighting on Bird Forum, the answer given here was:-

Its pretty straightforward really, just manually meter off the midtones and don't allow the suns brightness to fool the meter into underexposure. in these circumstances the sun was not that bright as there was some atmospheric mist, mostly the owl has transmitted light coming through its plumage, and the fact that its a white bird helps too.

It's a doddle really, and the £5000+ lenses probably help a bit too.