Fav' pic of all time

n4lly

In basic, you already know that pictures comprise pixels well the pixels around this bird do not match the pixels of its surroundings. For example, in this lovely natural photo their are evident straight lines forming a square around both the birds feet and its left wing, this is also evident on the right wing to a lesser degree.

I'n photoshop there is a tool called the "clone stamp tool" whereby you can click on an image to select a certain colour within it...and then paint using it, a poor attempt has been made to hide the fact that the bird was pasted in to the picture. You can clearly see the picture editor got it wrong on the tree trunk on the right of the bird, closest to its body. And again just above the right wing next to the tree closest to the body is the tell tale square edge.

A fake for sure, and a pretty poor attempt at hiding it too.

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've already questioned it, along with a few others. His site is really impressive, although I couldn't find this image on it :huh:

It's in the Diary section, click on January 2005-2, January 30th

No wonder he has made such a big deal about people using or copying his work, oh well, a bit disappointing.

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

I'm still not convinced. Ferret's pic does look a bit strange, but if you look at a larger section than that shows then it doesn't.

I've just blown it up to 800% and then 1600% and can't see anything wrong with it.

I also find it hard to believe that Nigel would risk his reputation when he has so many good pics to his name.

I'm still not convinced. Ferret's pic does look a bit strange, but if you look at a larger section than that shows then it doesn't.

I've just blown it up to 800% and then 1600% and can't see anything wrong with it.

I also find it hard to believe that Nigel would risk his reputation when he has so many good pics to his name.

The plot thickens, I bet you wish you'd never posted it now. :lol: :lol:

For my money, it's a shame if it's been 'shopped, but it still makes for a spectacular photo/collage that I wouldn't mind hanging on my wall.

Also, is it not possible that the movement of the Owls wings is what has caused the blurred pixels, when you look at some of the branches of the trees they show a similar effect. :blink:

Also, is it not possible that the movement of the Owls wings is what has caused the blurred pixels, when you look at some of the branches of the trees they show a similar effect. :blink:

Yes, I looked at the way the light around the trees does not reflect the red light that would natualy be picked up from the sun, no red in the sky and no hint of a haylo?

As I have stated elsewhere, if its its a creation, then its 'art', personaly I like it as a picture and would enjoy it haging in my house. However, as there is no indication, I have a question mark in my mind over its one shot authenticity? For me the jury is out, but I'm not pointing the finger.

Risking a reputation, as a superb artist, no risk in such a pictuer for me, it works, the man is an artist.

It has to be said that such things can be produced quite convincingly in an old fashoned B&W dark room.

:ph34r:

Learned gentlemen and lady, I thank you. I'm learning but at this point I am 'only an egg' in these matters. Good thing that Jan is the photo person in our household.

I'll probably remain a 'point & shoot' person who struggles to figure out what to point at. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Learned gentlemen and lady, I thank you. I'm learning but at this point I am 'only an egg' in these matters. Good thing that Jan is the photo person in our household.

I'll probably remain a 'point & shoot' person who struggles to figure out what to point at. :D

Lets be honest, the owl picture stoped us in our tracks, that puts it at the top of the 'wish I could' list. It certainly did me. Point and shoot, thats me folks :D:lol: I will not criticise again, a genuine attempt to produce a real photo-canvas! Re phrase the question to 'how' ;):D

:ph34r:

Edited by CJS2

...and then there is this one...

I could hear them in the pitch black, the first time i switched on the

flash, reached out into the dark and got....

034591.JPG

Edited by n4lly
1509tarpon_75_.gif

...and then there is this one...

I could hear them in the pitch black, the first time i switched on the

flash, reached out into the dark and got...

That is fabulous, well done.

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!