How long have you been fishing.

Guest Ferret1959

40 years.

Walking though Tonbridge Park with my father and brothers, when a youngster of about my then age ( 7 ) asked me to look after his rod. The float dipped and I landed a Gudgeon . . the rest is history.

First rod was 6' of bright yellow solid glass, fist reel was a plastic Efgeeco ( not sure of the spelling ) centerpin. I still have the reel though it is useless now. Caught nothing for ages until a friend's Dad set me right swopping my size 10 and 8 maggots for a size 20 and a single maggot . . then bingo, never looked back.

Andrew Boyd

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

About 28 years for me.

I remember when I was 5 or so watching an older lad catching gudgeon in the local brook - I was so impressed I wanted to do the same.

My dad got some "Winfield" tackle from Woolworths and made a rod from a length of electrical conduit. We couldn't catch anything when we first went which was really upsetting until someone kindly pointed out that a size 6 hook was probably a bit large for minnows. Changed down to a seemingly tiny one (probably about a 16) which we were given and started catching and that was me hooked for life.

A year or so later the brook flooded and when it receded a mirror carp of about 3lbs was beached on a shingle bank. We rescued it and moved it into a deeper pool.

After that the thought of monster fish lurking in unliklely places has always given me a thrill (well to a six year old 3lbs was a monster) and is probably why the Passion for Angling series struck such a chord with me.

Cheers

Steve

21 years now and im only 27 lol,but fishing properly for about 17 years after starting off with eels and trout in small rivers to roach,rudd and perch in resiviors to carp bashing in commericals to rock fishing and boat fishing and ive now started carping.

Edited by edd

Same as rodman,45 years :o

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy