Seat box for big boy

jason.p

That depends on what type of fishing your friend is doing! I mean is he into Match/Pole fishing? Pleasure fishing? He'll be mainly on the method feeder and margin pole. He's got a nice chair, but he finds it difficult to get in and out of!

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton

Jasson,

He won't find a tall "chair" rated over 25 stones. The "tip" factor is huge with every inch in height.

Here is what I recommend.

6430.jpg

You can get them pretty cheap for a trial. They range from 2" to 8" Remember, the higher he goes the more likely the chair is to tip over.

Good luck to your friend

Phone

Ohh I think they are called "furniture leg extenders" - something like that - google

There are a number of manufacturers such as Nash that sell a "big boy" chair designed for the larger figure. Maybe a trip to a local shop will turn up one suitable

• Like 1

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

I seem to remember Budgie starting a thread about this some years ago. It involved strengthening a Shakespeare type box. I can't find it at the moment, but if he comes on he might be able to help.

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Right sorry not getting back to you Jason as still working around the house these days - Right I am nearly getting on to 27 stones and the solution is the Nash Indulgence Big Daddy - Which is the wide boy version of the Nash Daddy Longlegs but on the website they don't show what the rated system like JRC do!

I was in a situation a few year ago where I needed a good seat box or fishing chair and came across a video on the Nash Bedchairs explaining why they don't do a weight rated system - there reply was "It the strongest bedchair and chair on the market" and they even got the biggest angler weighing around 50 stone? - The guy sat on the bedchair without breaking it.

So my advice is try out one of the Nash Indulgence Big Daddy in the tackleshop which sale them. But the only problem is the price! £140 but in my view it worth it. I can get in and out the chair with ease

As for the seat box for Pole fishing - again could be quite costly but I got an Old Shakespeare Team Box with an Top Box (not made anymore) for the right height for me to sit down but my is fitted with specially made mainframe bars which I made (based on the Octoplus systems) so I can add footplate, pole bars, bait table and other things with pole fishing.

• Like 1

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

I'm a similar size, around 24 stone I use a Nash Daddy long legs chair - rock solid and easy to get in and out of, I did try the big daddy - but found I didn't need the extra width it provides! so went for the slightly cheaper and lighter to carry option. I paid £100 for mine in a local tackleshop, you might find it a little cheaper online.

I also have a nash indulgence wideboy bedchair, which while being a very big and heavy bit of kit, gives me a very comfortable nights sleep!

Mat

• Like 1

Mat