Seat box for big boy

jason.p

Thanks for replies. I think the chair he's got at the moment is the Nash, it takes the weight ok but he thinks a box would be better.

He's got an engineering background, so modifying or strengthening one could well be an option. Do the mudfeet still work at these weights? Perhaps his best bet is to go down to his nearest tackle shop and try some out. Thanks again for replies.

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton

Jason - As you said that your friend got a bit of engineering background - well could make your own main frame? Then the mudfeet might able to help out - mine is fitted with 6 mudfeet - two for the front foot plate, and 4 for the box.

If I get an chance this week (as working full time carer) I will post some pictures up for you to give you an rough idea.

• Like 1

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Jason - As you said that your friend got a bit of engineering background - well could make your own main frame? Then the mudfeet might able to help out - mine is fitted with 6 mudfeet - two for the front foot plate, and 4 for the box.

If I get an chance this week (as working full time carer) I will post some pictures up for you to give you an rough idea. Brilliant Andrew, many thanks.

As I have promise the picture of my seat box

Bear in mind these equipment was made by Mel Wilde of the Octoplus firm going back 20 years ago

First of all you need to purchase the main frame with the fittings (spacers and bolts) but I asked for an specially main frame of 25mm x 25mm x 2mm Aluminium square tubing of 23" long with 18mm hole on each end of the bar

seatbox-mudfeet002_360x480_zpsd28c9a35.j

then with all the hole which is 18mm diameter for allowing the mudfeet to go through the beam

seatbox-mudfeet004_640x480_zps59935f80.j

the mudfeet can be adjusted to the desire height

seatbox-mudfeet005_640x480_zps23a59276.j

and the foot rest which was also made by Octoplus which you have to used a special fitting which fit inside the main frame -

seatbox-mudfeet003_640x480_zps24682f23.j

then add the foot rest

seatbox-mudfeet006_640x480_zps4595803a.j

Edited by Andrew Burgess
  • Like 1

You can find most things of the Octoplus on eBay but it can be quite costly and in my opinion making your own can be cheaper like most of my brackets, spray bar, bait stands can be made by using the 25mm x 25mm x 2mm square tubing.

Made lot of thing to design to my fishing like method feeder and pole fishing will add the pictures tomorrow if time and weather permitting

Many thanks Andrew. I'll pass these pics on to my friend. I'm sure it would be well within his capability. It's much more satisfying to make things yourself, esp if it saves money as well.

Thanks again

Jason