Boat Owners

Elton

I have had 2 boats so far, started off with a wee 12 foot tender with outboard when I was a lad, then had a 28 ft cabin cruiser, ( bloody thing was a gin palace) :P but time and money put payed to that ( and a small kid) now looking in the near future to getting another boat.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well heres mine. I try to get out as much as possible with her only work seems to keep getting in the way.

post-5956-1136376273_thumb.jpg

As you can see it's work in progress. The next job is one I'm not looking forward to. The previous owner put a metal keel band on Her and used steel screws :o Needless to say they have started to rust out and leak slightly. The bilge pump works well though.

As for mooring, I live 20 miles from the coast so it is easyer to trailer it around and it gives me the option of launching from north or south coast. None of the places to moor in north devon are realy safe.

Got a new trailer for her two months ago from neptune trailers and diving which only cost £485.00.

As for top speed, so far 34 knots in calm seas. The power house is a 65hp mercury blue band which goes like hell and been reliable as any thing (cheers Steve, best buy I think I've had).

;)

Not sure if we've ever covered this, but we probably have.

How many of you here own a boat, or have in the past?

Hello Elton, :)

This is my first time on this site so you'll have to excuse any mistakes.

I've owned and run various boats for the last 35 years or so, at the last count the number had crept up to 13. They have ranged from modest dinghys to more notable vessels. I'll list a few so that if there are any readers with the same boats I could share my experiences with them. They are as follows;

CJR 14, Solar Corsair 16, Hardy Fishing 18, Sunspeed 19, Westward 22, and my current boat Princess 35.

All of the boats have been used for fishing in the Harwich Felixstowe area... with the exception of the Princess which fished the Manacles reef last year. Its featured in Cliffs post .. "Waiting for Codo"

Just like to say while writing that I think this is an excellent site and if used in the spirit it was intended, can help a lot people get much more from their hobby.

All the best

Mr marlin

Well heres mine. I try to get out as much as possible with her only work seems to keep getting in the way.

post-5956-1136376273_thumb.jpg

As you can see it's work in progress. The next job is one I'm not looking forward to. The previous owner put a metal keel band on Her and used steel screws :o Needless to say they have started to rust out and leak slightly. The bilge pump works well though.

As for mooring, I live 20 miles from the coast so it is easyer to trailer it around and it gives me the option of launching from north or south coast. None of the places to moor in north devon are realy safe.

Got a new trailer for her two months ago from neptune trailers and diving which only cost £485.00.

As for top speed, so far 34 knots in calm seas. The power house is a 65hp mercury blue band which goes like hell and been reliable as any thing (cheers Steve, best buy I think I've had).

;)

Thats the way to go Noah! and not only is it what I do but I also bought my trailer from Neptune!

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

I started with a 13 foot dinghy and a Seagull o/b, then traded up to an Alaska 500 with twin Mariner 30s, then bought a Tropghy 2352 and been in love for the last 11 years. Swapped out the petrol guzzler for a diesel, still does 29 knots flat out and cruises at 20, much more economical if a bit noisy at 10 litres per hour (ish) and 55p per litre! Looking after a boat is a hobby in itself, don't bother if you only care about it as a fishing platform. If I didn't have a boat it would be like losing a limb so I don't mind all the work (and cost). And by the way I do a bit of fishing from her too....post-958-1136410054_thumb.jpg

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

I'm enjoying this thread - thank you. The fact that there are some pics on here makes it even better :)

Mr. Marlin - thank you. Nice intro :)

Salar - Your sig reads..."Murphy was an optimist.....". Well, you're right, and I am. I'll have a boat like that one day!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Did you get your parking problems sorted Noah?

Still having some problems about the parking of her although she is on private property now about 300yds from my house. I was winning the case with the local parish council but the hose on the landrover power steering leaked all over the road. buy the time i got home the road was red and so were the councelers stood next to it. best not to say to much about things over the next few weeks. :(