Boat Owners

Elton

Amazing how much boat fishing knowledge we have on this forum! There apears to be a fair bit in the East Anglian regon. The lack of launch sites seems to present a problem? Suffolk Yacht Harbour is neaver mentioned, and yet they have sheltered 24hr slip, facilities, chandlery and fuel in working hours. I believe they do block deals as well to keep launch costs down.

Edited by CJS2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Salar - Your sig reads..."Murphy was an optimist.....". Well, you're right, and I am. I'll have a boat like that one day!

You would not believe how little I paid for her actually. Keep looking, and one day a bargain will come up. You can save a fortune by being prepared to apply lots of TLC to an old lady. And thanks for reminding me about the sig, bout time for a change after all those months......

N

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

Family Boats .....

14' GRP dinghy with 7.5hp 4 stk Honda. This was beach launched through muscle and ingenuity. Was sold just a few years back and wish I hadn't now. Was an excellent boat with a 6' beam.

21' Romany with 40hp diesel moored in the river at Gorleston. Slow but great for our sometimes evil waters. Sold late 90's.

Basically, dropping family numbers :( and family moving away :( meant that maintenance and use made it unviable.

Look forward to the outer harbour at Yarmouth being built as it means we wouldn't have to beach launch, or need a 4x4 so long as they put a slip in. Mind you, still no family to go with. One day....

I've a Pirate 21 jiggling on it's blocks with enthusiasm to get back in the water! Will post a pic sometime, but it is similar to this one:-

pirate21.jpg

150hp Volvo turbodiesel/duoprop, 32knots top whack & completely empty, 29.5 with 2 people, full fuel and fishing gear.

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

You push yours far harder than that :P

Yeah, it's not even rough in that pic. We'll have to do some 'flyby' pics of each other next time we fish the same mark.

PS. Repair work on mine commences on Saturday, yippee, bass record here we come!!!

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

i've had hellraiser for 3 years now, she's a seahog seatrooper, 15' 3" X 6' 6" with a 33" freeboard, got a mariner 60hp bigfoot and a matching mariner 4hp donkey plus all the toys.

she does 32mph flat out with 3 on board trimmed up and cruise at 27mph at approx 4mpg :o

light enough not to need a braked trailer and i don't even know she is on the back of my isuzu when i'm towing.

a couple of my mate have the same boat, my friend neil bought one on my recommendation and loves it, a far better boat he reckons than his old alaska 500.

more cockpit space than a warrior 150 or 165, it is a bit basic compared to warriors but you get what you pay for in that department

very good sea keeping for a 15 footer, i have been in seas that my mates with their boats, a sealord and a raider 18 have bottled it.

here's a picture of us pulling a 181lb skate over the side with 3 of us standing, you can see she hardly tips over.....

DSCF0713.jpg

try that with an orkney or alaska

IMHO a very safe seaworthy boat, albeit a bit of an ugly duckling

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

alright happy... me and fraser have recently sold out seatrooper as we found her a bit too much boat for our needs to be honest, and are currently now on our 3rd boat in ten months.

Got her with a 70hp evinrude and 5hp honda aux, full electrics etc for a very very fair price ;) and never really got to fully test her out. Come winter and with me going back to university we decided to sell her for a decent profit, but the lack-of-boat bug has just become too much so...

We have just came back from cumbria having bought an orkney fastliner 16! This things got an old engine on her but a brand new auxillary, good trailer and full electrics again, and only paid 2500! The main difference I notice is the towing... it is amazing! Ive got a 1.6 astra estate and the trooper (500kg boat, 200 kg of trailer/batteries/anchors/steering systems etc, 150kg of engines, 30kg petrol = basically 900kg) was a real strain a lot of the time, but now im towing about 500kg and its just great! I feel so much more comfy towing this rig than before, since cost stops me upgrading to a bigger car/4x4. Plus we never seem to go more than a mile or two offshore and dont really need a 35 knot machine!

What I would say is that having a big bad fast boat isnt the only way to get out there fishing, and if you are careful you can do it on a budget. Why not try to buy/sell a boat for a little profit to help make the overall thing a bit more affordable?

PS happy dude you should technically have a braked trailer with the trooper, 750kg being the limit! :) Not trying to be smart though

Don't know how many I have had, but I have had some pretty odd ones during the 45 years that I have owned boats. The one I own at present is the best fishing and diving rigged boat I have had. I have skippered a couple of very expensive and very yuppie type boats, but neither of them were as good a sea boat as this one is.

captainian1a6yx.jpg

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.