White Swan Piscatorials

Guest Brumagem Phil

Andrew, I actually took the time to look at BGR the other week actually. I've always known it was there but never actually stopped to look at it........sure is a nice place! I dare not imagine how much a membership is for a place like that and I can imagine the waiting list is a "dead mans boots" jobbie. Thanks for the suggestion though..........I might fish larford this year, as its somewhere i've always fancied fishing but not got around to yet.

Phil there is another 2 waters, I do know but it is depend on what sort of fishing you do i.e. carping or piking or coarse fishing and there is a night fishing in operating but not that expensive but on a trail period.

Again I am not going to reveal it on the website as I want to keep this water quite as possible.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Guest Brumagem Phil
Phil there is another 2 waters, I do know but it is depend on what sort of fishing you do i.e. carping or piking or coarse fishing and there is a night fishing in operating but not that expensive but on a trail period.

Again I am not going to reveal it on the website as I want to keep this water quite as possible.

I'll fish for anything mate within reason!

I'd appreciate a PM if you dont mind divulging a couple of your suggestions mate, that'd be very nice. :)

Guest Brumagem Phil

PM landed safe and sound, thanks andrew :)

I'll take a drive and walk around them over the coming days and get back to you if thats ok?

........and dont worry, the info wont get plastered around the public domain.

By the way, you got any views on Ipsley pool? Its another free venue which I believe has a few interesting fish in it (although it seems tough to fish).

PM landed safe and sound, thanks andrew :)

I'll take a drive and walk around them over the coming days and get back to you if thats ok?

........and dont worry, the info wont get plastered around the public domain.

By the way, you got any views on Ipsley pool? Its another free venue which I believe has a few interesting fish in it (although it seems tough to fish).

Brumagem Phil, I have sent you another email to you about the water.

Yes, I have never fish it but a mate of mine have and he had told me that it is a very tough water to fish it and it had thrown up some interesting fishs up in the last few years now.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

• 1 year later...
Guest Brumagem Phil

Amazing what a google search for something else throws up isn't it?

Nice to resurrect one or two of these old threads though.

Still not joined any clubs or syndicates yet, although very much toying with the idea of White Swan for next year. Still have no idea of the exact fees but believe it works out to just under 100 quid a year with a one off payment of about 70 quid for the first year.

Their cofton water is now getting established and I'm hearing of high doubles coming out regularly although its still a reasonably challenging place to fish.......just what I want, sommat with a bit of a challenge but somewhere you can bag up on the right day with the right bait! Perfic! Of course some of their river sections, particularly the Holt fleet section are worth the money all on their own IMO.

I've held a permit for Terrys pool at Earlswood for a couple of years but not renewing it this year. Some thoughtless idiots have decided it would be good to transfer literally hundreds of the manky engine pool carp (a match lake where some of the fish look like frankensteins experiments) into Terrys therefore reducing a pristine specimen experience to little more than a joke. The worst part of all is some of the syndicate members KNOW and APPROVE of this activity just so they can catch a few carp on the cheap. Given that Terrys holds a few original fish which without doubt are in the 30's, you can see how its put a dampener on the whole expericence for me even if a permit is only 40 quid a season. Last year I hooked almost 40 carp in terrys but they were all engine pool carp. I chucked em all back into engine pool (on the orders of the baillif) but a quick try just before the closed season this year suggested there are still rakes of em in there. A pristine lake ruined. :(

Barnt green whilst idyllic is just gonna be silly to try and join........its gonna take me till I'm old and grey to get in and by then the pension won't stretch to the membership fee!!!

A couple of sections of canal near me look well worth a splash but don't fancy fishing the canal till the wee small hours on my own and you'd be surprised how hard it is to actually find a REAL fishing buddy despite peoples offers to come along.....come on Ant, time for you to offer your services!!! :thumbs:

I'm still keen on my other kind of semi secret carp water but I'm kinda stuck now as they've finished spawning and will become virtually unfishable due to the natural bait in there till the autumn, and I'm also mulling over various methods ad baits to use when the autumn comes along. This story is only in the early chapters, but lord knows how the story unfolds, let alone how it ends!!!

A few free waters also worth fishing........Lifford.....well we all know it holds big carp 'imported' from far and wide. Cracking fish to hook and land of course but not too much mystery. Swanshurst.........hmmm, one thinks fishing that this summer will result in dry net after dry net! LOL. Trittiford looks worth a look maybe as there are many stories about what has gone in and what's been taken out, but how much of this is just urban myth? Only casting and catching will answer that one. :fishing:

Peterbrook Road has some stunning ghosties I'm told but is now closed and the banks lined with builders rubble. I'd so like to net this and stick all the ghosties in my 'secret' pool, but that kind of activity is just not me I'm afraid.

Still trying to find a club/pool/syndicate which offers me the sense of belonging which suits my style of angling/fish interest, but not found it yet. I'll keep this thread in mind when I do! :thumbs:

Oh well, I've waffled enough and my bed is calling. Nite all. :yawn:

Edited by Brumagem Phil