Photo Challenge # 4 Communication

nursejudy

Guest Finepix
Good choices for the three finalists Judy & well done to TB, Finepix & Ayjay. My vote (if I'm allowed to say?) goes to TB's excellent macro snail shot, I think when George Michael sang about Fast Love he had these two in mind.

As for my 1st entry, "On the move", I chose that title as I was actually driving when I spotted the young lady using her mobile phone as she was walking along the prom here in Blackpool, I was going through a stretch of roadworks, so only doing about 5mph, fortunately my camera was on the passenger seat & switched on, so I grabbed it as the window was opening, snapped a quick candid shot as I drove on by & was amazed when I got home to see it was half decent. Don't try this at home kids. :lol:

Regards

Cliff

(Oh & note to self - must try harder) :(

Why? Your image had my vote, I though it was great, especially with the 'frame'. I think (sorry if I'm wrong) that it wasn't 100% straight, but nothing major! Like I said, it had my vote :D

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? Your image had my vote, I though it was great, especially with the 'frame'. I think (sorry if I'm wrong) that it wasn't 100% straight, but nothing major! Like I said, it had my vote :D

Why thank you :D .

As for trying harder, I think that's the good thing about these comps, they make you strive for a better shot, plus give you a good reason to get out & about with the camera, which with the gloomy weather at this time of the year some incentive is a big help.

Now for the Transport comp, which I see you've got off to a great start.

Guest Finepix
Why thank you :D .

As for trying harder, I think that's the good thing about these comps, they make you strive for a better shot, plus give you a good reason to get out & about with the camera, which with the gloomy weather at this time of the year some incentive is a big help.

Now for the Transport comp, which I see you've got off to a great start.

Thanks, they are my transport after all! I've had a car for five years now, but I've still to take the dreaded driving test :cry:

I may remove it as my Father in Law has some cracking Vintage cars and we're popping over on Sunday ... with the camera ;)

Well done to everyone yet again for making this challenge so bliddy hard to choose my fav pic!! grrrr lol .......your all to good at this!! congrats to the top three :clap: and good luck

I look forward to entering the next challenge :thumbs:

You can view my photo album @.... olliejays photo album

I'm chuffed, excited and delighted. :yeah:

My Top 3 choices were: (not considering my or HB's entries as it is too hard to be unbiased)

"Graffiti from the Heart", what an excellent way to get a message across, great pic.

"Communication Breakdown", perfect, so apt, loved the way the sign was so clear and easy to read too.

And "On the Move", I loved this pic, the only thing I would've changed is the title because it focuses more on her movement than on her using the phone. I would have called it "Chatting on the run" or something like that, but I am even more impressed now that I know you took it from the window of your moving car, even at 5mph I would have struggled to keep that in focus, with her moving as well, well done.

Also thought the 3 Towers and the Big Dish were all great pics but my fave out of those was Steves "Tower in the Clouds".

This has been my favourite one so far, obviously because it is the first one I was actively involved in (my tree photo was s__t) but that was because the subject matter interested me so much. Hope Judys headache is gone, it pains me to think that the judging experience is a stressfull one, although I'm sure it is! I have made folders for all the comp photos and I can view them in a 'slide show' which would be a great way for judging because they are all full screen, you see only the photo and not the photographer so can be completely unbiased and you can look at them over and over again. It has to be a process of elimination I imagine.

Little story about HB's 'Communication Meltdown' photo. He wanted to unplug all our stuff and set it up on the lawn and plug it all in to which I objected strenuosly because 1. the lawn was wet and it seemed dangerous and 2. we would have to reset everything when we returned it and move the big TV cabinet and untangle cords etc, what a hassle. So I said, "I'm sure we have enough junk laying around the house that we don't use anymore, that you can use for the photo." ALL that stuff was clutter we had laying around, the tv has no sound, the stereo was broken, all the phones etc (except the mobiles). Need to make a trip to the GoodWill me thinks! Of course now he is accusing me of thwarting his artistic flow to improve my own chances.

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Thanks so much to everyone who voted for my photo. It wasn't the photo I wanted originally, I was after their antennas being crossed over so I could call the photo 'en garde' and I did get that one but the one I used was by far the best shot out of about 60 of them taken over two days and it rained constantly. I feel the sense of achievement is much stronger when the effort is there.

Thanks again :thumbs:

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!