Groundbait mixed with tapwater?

Rusty

Nothing wrong with tap water, imo it's better than water from the venue. I've used it loads of times rather than mess about mixing on the bank and it's never stopped me catching fish :).

Nowadays I don't use any binders and prefer to use maggots, corn and hemp, and maybe some trout pellets loose as they are. If I do use a binder I just use bread crumb, cheap n' chearfull. I think all the fancy powders are just gimmicks.

Just noticed your post Bri (after I posted)....looks like i copied it :).

Edited by Tigger

I fill up an old Britta jug, let in stand for half an hour then put in a glugs of molasses, stir it in well then mix up ground bait.

Also use same method for making up paste or for soaking pellets/expands pellets.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Does choice of mug make a difference? Should we try to use a bone china mug?

Certainly makes a difference to tea so any clued up fish would spot one ,whether its batter or worse though is up to the individual fish

I prefer to knock it up it with '64 moet in a spitoon from the wild west ,unfortunately the secret ingredient billy the kids spit has long gone and my catch rate suffered .

• Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I dunno, I try to move into the upper echelon of stillwater angling and all I get is p1sstakes. I’m trying to take a scientific approach to this y’know, no detail must be overlooked if I’m to succeed in my quest for angling god status.

Maybe I’ll pop the bucket in the sink then.

silly question will get silly answers :P

for what its worth I doubt the fish care.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

You posted here and expected serious answers?? Not THATS funny!!

For the record, as with Andy, the amount of **** flowing through the soil and into most waterways and lakes in this day and age, the chemicals and fake attractants crammed into modern baits etcetc I really doubt the fish would care if you mixed it with a pint of pee! Let alone tap water!!

Edited by kirisute

Rusty,

Water? For years now I've only used the finest quality Belgian beer.

Brilliant bait this time of year contains brewers yeast. Which is triggers a precursor to spawning

Phone

WoW my first reply on AN and it's about tap water, I have used Lemonade as an additive, tench love it, they also like strawberry milkshake mixed with just bran, I have had some good bags of Tench, as you know they have a sweet tooth. I used the milk shake ground bait trick in a large cage feeder last Sunday and had five Tinca's to 7lb 2 oz

Strawberry flavoured corn was the hookbait.

It sounds daft I know but when you see all those different flavours of glugs, it makes sense.

If you are going to mix it with pee, at least eat some asparagus first!

(there is a story, possibly apocryphal, of US pilots in the Pacific being given tinned asparagus in their rations. If stranded, they eat the asparagus and use the pee to attract fish for food)