Groundbait mixed with tapwater?

Rusty

Ok Ok I give up...it was a silly question :giveup::D no more please.

Having just rid myself of JV44's "is it here yet?" taunt I'm now going to be subject to "which water did you use for the groundbait then?"

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

All,

I think Anderoo's question can be reworded. "Different" can't help. We don't always know, maybe ever know, why a bait is working or not working. One "factor" you can eliminate is unknown water differences.

I mean - folks go on and on about amino acids - why not water contaminates -fluoride, medical waste, ag, waste, uranium. If you believe amino acid additives "work" then you probably believe water source "matters".

Phone

Only if the unwanted sunstances in the source water remain in the bait rather than dissipating out into the lake...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

As Phone eluded to, the amount of 'crap' that is allowed to enter our rivers and lakes, treated, (sometimes not so treated) effluent, runoff from roads, chemicals used in farming, etc, etc, I don't think anything in ordinary tap water would be of any concern to the fish.

The simple answer to anyone concerned about it, is to have a water butt, and use collected rainwater. Only the dissolved stuff that already falls on a water will be in it.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

dunno if it can be related to the discussion at all but I soak my pellets in tap water before feeding them to my fish in the tank. buggers cant get enough of the stuff... keep in mind though im in Scotland and we have proper water :P

take from that what you will.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Personally, I only ever mix groundbait homeopathically. I keep a small sample of lake water that once contained hungry fish and dilute a drop or two of this with ordinary tap water to mix the bait.

The best bit is that when it gets diluted again by chucking the bait into the lake, the effect gets STRONGER.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Personally, I only ever mix groundbait homeopathically. I keep a small sample of lake water that once contained hungry fish and dilute a drop or two of this with ordinary tap water to mix the bait.

The best bit is that when it gets diluted again by chucking the bait into the lake, the effect gets STRONGER.

et tu brute :bleh:

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Perhaps the water isn't the problem maybe it is the origin of the ingredients going into it. e.g. was the hemp organic?, was the source of the fishmeal destroyed following halal principles?

Ha...I never thought of that. This could be the problem

"Muddlin' along"

Could it be the dissolved oxygen thats the problem?

Do you exhale near the product giving it more CO2 than normal or does the mixing process increase the oxygen content dissapating the abnormal CO2 ?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

CO2 will change the PH - making it more acidic. Best not to talk whilst mixing your groundbait and make sure you wear a snorkle so the nasty CO2 goes off behind your shoulder.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.