I'm So Excited

Guest Finepix

Guest Finepix
i don't take many pics, i should really, went on two walks this week, one through beautiful countryside, one on the beach at charmouth (where i got a cracking fossil) took the camera on both and didn't take a single frame :( now if i had a nice 350d like yours it might be different :) )

I got a fossil on the beach last Friday (Kilve), but nothing worth posting.

My Dad was the same last week. We went on a great walk New Years Day. I was snapping away (albeit with the Fuji Finepix), mainly for tree shots for the comp. And he literally took one image of a stream. Bless him. He now has a digital, but I think he mentally still thinks he's using film.

Come on, post something. I'm sure you have a few tree's around for Jan's comp???

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The battery will go a bit further and power the upload of both these cards contents to the PC, then it needs a recharge.

I got a new 1GB card for Christmas, and in anticipation of filling all cards I have ordered two extra batteries, which I estimate will power the camera for a full days shoot and upload all images to the PC, from the three cards.

Just out of interest Steve, how come you upload the contents of your card from the camera? I tend to stick mine in a card reader & avoid the drain on the cameras battery.

Good luck with the new 350D Finepix, Oh & good luck reading the manual, I'm still ploughing the one I got with my KM-5D.

Mainly because I do not have a card reader..:D

:lol: Cheers Steve, I was just wondering if there was a more technical reason for it.

Someone told me to invest in one several months ago, which I did (less than a tenner) & I find it much quicker than uploading via the camera, although, to be fair I've not tried connecting my dslr to the PC so maybe that would upload as quickly as the card reader does? But as mentioned in my previous post, using the cardreader doesn't drain the cameras batteries.

A warning though, make sure you put another memory card in the camera when you take one out - or carry a spare in your camera bag, otherwise a day out can be ruined - of course I wasn't daft enough to make that mistake when visiting an air show last year. :(:(

My camera is USB2 enabled, as is my pc so transfer is relatively quick, think I'll look into this subject a bit see what I can find out, should be interesting.

As for your airshow cockup and no memory card, because it was taken out to be read from previous trip. I have done a similar thing but with the battery as it was on charge..:D ummm I have done it twice lol, but fortunately not on a major event.

Will have a total of three batteries and three cards in a day or two so incidents like that should be a thing of the past.

(mental note to self: Dont forget camera)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Guest Finepix
Just out of interest Steve, how come you upload the contents of your card from the camera? I tend to stick mine in a card reader & avoid the drain on the cameras battery.

Good luck with the new 350D Finepix, Oh & good luck reading the manual, I'm still ploughing the one I got with my KM-5D.

Regarding the drain on the camera's battery, the 350D arrived along with a cable that enables you to plug the camera into the mains. That way you can download your images without affecting the battery power.

I was going to read the manual in bed tonight, but I think I'll stick with Bill Bryson instead :D

Hello, 1st post.

Hope I'm not teaching my dad to have kids here, but did you know, if your using the Canon EOS digital you can interchange lenses within the EOS system. Have a look on the front of your camera, the location mark for digital lenses is white. Non digital lenses location mark is red. Using a non digital lense gives about 1 & 1/2 times magnification ( I think). So a basic 28 - 80 will give you 42 - 120, and a 75 - 300 about 112 - 450. These lenses are now available for pennies second hand, and reasonable cost new. Lots cheaper than the equivlant digital lense, just as good quality/versatility.

Regards

Andy

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

Hello, 1st post.

Hope I'm not teaching my dad to have kids here, but did you know, if your using the Canon EOS digital you can interchange lenses within the EOS system. Have a look on the front of your camera, the location mark for digital lenses is white. Non digital lenses location mark is red. Using a non digital lense gives about 1 & 1/2 times magnification ( I think). So a basic 28 - 80 will give you 42 - 120, and a 75 - 300 about 112 - 450. These lenses are now available for pennies second hand, and reasonable cost new. Lots cheaper than the equivlant digital lense, just as good quality/versatility.

Regards

Andy

Welcome, Andy. Great first post.

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Guest Finepix
Hello, 1st post.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of this at all, an excellent bit of advice. I've only had it for a couple of days yet already need a stronger macro lens.

Welcome to AN :)

I don't do much on macro, but when I do I use the jessops filters (58mm) + series, just screw in like a filter at the front and gives +1, +2, +3, +4, times magnification. Only usable on macro and I find best used on AV settings.

Regards

Andy

If all else fails, follow the intructions.