Nibiru-2012. Whats it all about?

maxaldo

I have just been looking at all the videos on youtube about this planet x or Nibiru which is apparently going to "end the world and civilisation as we know it". Basically thousands of years ago the Mayans predicted that the orbit of a very large planet the size of jupiter, would come too close to earth on its journey, thus creating to much gravitational pull, ending in a loss of around 90 percent of the worlds inhabitants and therefore having to begin civilisation as we know it. This planet apparently has an orbit which takes up to 3600 years to fully complete and so this will have happened every 3600 years. The mayans have apparently charted each and every comet and meteorite that the world has seen within a time scale within 30 seconds of it occuring. In 1984 NASA sent a satelite into space and discovered a new planet, which astronomers think may be visable to the world in 2009. However, i can't help but notice that all the videos are home made with no real sustainance, no people with real knowledge of the solar system, just people thinking that this is our time and that god is now bringing judgement day :D , also a lot of people going off what ancient civilisations had APPARENTLY said.

Anyway, for anyone in the know who will be interested in this or knows anything about it already, what do you think of this claim?

I myself, am pretty reluctant to beleive in it as i have not seen or heard any astronomers or respected scientists comment upon this theory, however, it is pretty exciting i must admit, so what do you all reckon?

I have just been looking at all the videos on youtube about this planet x or Nibiru which is apparently going to "end the world and civilisation as we know it". Basically thousands of years ago the Mayans predicted that the orbit of a very large planet the size of jupiter, would come too close to earth on its journey, thus creating to much gravitational pull, ending in a loss of around 90 percent of the worlds inhabitants and therefore having to begin civilisation as we know it. This planet apparently has an orbit which takes up to 3600 years to fully complete and so this will have happened every 3600 years. The mayans have apparently charted each and every comet and meteorite that the world has seen within a time scale within 30 seconds of it occuring. In 1984 NASA sent a satelite into space and discovered a new planet, which astronomers think may be visable to the world in 2009. However, i can't help but notice that all the videos are home made with no real sustainance, no people with real knowledge of the solar system, just people thinking that this is our time and that god is now bringing judgement day :D , also a lot of people going off what ancient civilisations had APPARENTLY said.

Anyway, for anyone in the know who will be interested in this or knows anything about it already, what do you think of this claim?

I myself, am pretty reluctant to beleive in it as i have not seen or heard any astronomers or respected scientists comment upon this theory, however, it is pretty exciting i must admit, so what do you all reckon?

Just read up on it and the "experts" predict that it will arrive in the spring of 2003 ! Dohh :oops::unsure:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Just read up on it and the "experts" predict that it will arrive in the spring of 2003 ! Dohh :oops::unsure:

Nah, it may have been visible from earth in spring 2003, maybe by telescope though, not by naked eye. Am not too sure on this though, other people are saying it will be visible from earth in 2009. Iv'e looked at the NASA website and it says nothing about the "imminent threat" of this planet. Although they do state that it is a 10th planet they never knew about in out solar system untill very recently, thats pretty strange when you concider that its been here all the time, does this npot mean it is getting closer to us?

Its definitely going to arrive in 2003

http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa021102a.htm

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Its definitely going to arrive in 2003

http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa021102a.htm

According to that link its due to arrive between 2003 and 2013!!!

I wonder what kind of fishing there will be on Nibiru?? i hope it ain't all bloody carping :angry:

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

Just the usual cultist/religious doomsday BS.

You just know that if someone says they have arcane knowledge of mysterious events in the future gleaned by a study of ancient cultures, there's always going to be some group of idiots who will believe the schpiel and pay handsomely for more insights. Whoever is doing it this time has had the brains to tap into the new age movement in America thus garnering himself a group of ready converts with very big bank accounts and very small brains.

Although they do state that it is a 10th planet they never knew about in out solar system untill very recently, thats pretty strange when you concider that its been here all the time, does this npot mean it is getting closer to us?

Fools !

There are of course only eight planets, or 11 or 12, depending on how you count them. Either way, there arn't 10.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Although they do state that it is a 10th planet they never knew about in out solar system untill very recently, thats pretty strange when you concider that its been here all the time, does this npot mean it is getting closer to us?

How about

- we have been sending space craft out with good cameras for a while to photograph what they pass by. Lots of previously unknown stuff is out there.

- we have some telescopes in orbit (Hubble for instance) taking photographs without being bothered by the earth's atmosphere. Lots of previously unknown stuff is out there.

Have a look at http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html (move back through the archives using the link below the day's photo) for some really great stuff that was not well known until fairly recently (within the past few years).

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Just keep talking to Clifftop and BobJ, if the world is going to end tomorrow, they will be the first to know as it is always tomorrow there. :P

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Nah, it may have been visible from earth in spring 2003, maybe by telescope though, not by naked eye. Am not too sure on this though, other people are saying it will be visible from earth in 2009. Iv'e looked at the NASA website and it says nothing about the "imminent threat" of this planet. Although they do state that it is a 10th planet they never knew about in out solar system untill very recently, thats pretty strange when you concider that its been here all the time, does this npot mean it is getting closer to us?
No like Newt said it just means we are getting better at looking for them and at finding them. Lookout for many new Kuyper belt and Oort cloud objects being found in the coming year to 18 months. Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote