Do I or don't I?

viney

That’s part of the reason, his order book is about nine months long. The main reason for the variable lead time is that making fishing reels is a part time occupation, a hobby if you like. He also manufactures components for TV aerial masts and that side of his business is far more lucrative, when his client offers him work the centrepin activity stops. Customers either accept that or don’t order a reel.

He makes all the reels himself on a manual lathe and has rather a large order book! The reels take 30 hours each to build (maybe more now as he is having issues with his back)

I’ve never been a fan of his approach but have defended it because of when you pay, however, I coughed up 4 weeks ago now and still no sign of the reel. I spoke to Chris yesterday and received yet more assurance that it’ll be posted tomorrow, apparently his other work took off and interrupted final assembly of a number of reels. I think when he’s dealing with customers who’ve paid priorities should be adjusted. I wonder if Tigger’s received his reels yet?

He doesn’t manufacture all of the reel components himself, the big bits (backing plate and drum sides) are outsourced as is the anodising, he makes all of the smaller components and then assembles the reel.

Edited - priorities not properties (although that might be a better deal)

Edited by Rusty

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Edited....I just got annoyed.

Edited by Andy Macfarlane

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

An observation;

When I use the centrepin (sorry, just a budget model for me) I do so to add more control to how the float is presented. The trouble is that this is usually on very short lengths of river and I do not need the huge holding capacity of the reel. So as the the price of the reel rises so it becomes a novelty.

They do look good though and they are all shiny. I know that we want them silent but when they click it does sound good as well. When you get it wrong you can also get a really decent Hairy Mary, not like those stupid closed face jobbies. I must admit I would love to know how to make one, probably need a drill and stuff like that. This bloke seems to have the idea http://youtu.be/htHRr-7EbEU I suspect that this could get round the insurance problem.

"Muddlin' along"