[Poll Vote] Challenge #3 Trees [Poll Vote]

Steve Randles

Photo Challenge #3 Trees, For all to vote on  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your top photo

• "Awaiting The Blizzard" by NurseJudy.
    • "Reflective" by Steve Randles.
    • "The Bridge" HellBelly.

Hi Rob, If you are refering to the bottom photo, 'the bridge', all I have to do is move the bar across at the bottom of the screen to see the full picture.

Congrats Nurse Judy on getting in again, that pic was in my Top 3 also.

Tracy.

Tracy,

Yep I can do that (and need to for the 1st as well). My point is that it's easier to compare like for like if they are equally sized and ideally all the image is displayed at the same time. I appreciate it varies with monitors but if they are all the same that would be helpful (IMO).

Rob.

Tracy,

Yep I can do that (and need to for the 1st as well). My point is that it's easier to compare like for like if they are equally sized and ideally all the image is displayed at the same time. I appreciate it varies with monitors but if they are all the same that would be helpful (IMO).

Rob.

Hey Rob

I don't seem to have any problem viewing the images & there are restrictions in place with regard to file size & image dimensions: -

Photo should be limited to a max dimension of 700 pixel for the longest dimension, and the file size to be less than 150KB in JPG/jpg format.

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick here? :blink:

Regards

Cliff

Guest Finepix

I think he would rather they were all the same size and on the screen at the same time. That way he can view them all together rather than scrolling down and then forgetting what the first one was once at the third image.

Or maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick? :blink:

It is an incredibly difficult thing to get right for all people. Its a sad fact that some photos look better at full size and some look better smaller. But there is no denying that the smaller the image gets the more loss of quality you get, and so loss of detail.

The 700 max pixel size is there so that at least it can be viewed by just about everyone, whilst still retaining some detail in the shot, and the 150kb is in place so that dial-up users can also still take part...its a majority thing.

IMO if these finalists photographs where all resized to enable a view of all three together, it would certainly lessen the quality of the image to a point where it would not be worth viewing them, but as it is, or for what its worth its just my opinion.

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

It is an incredibly difficult thing to get right for all people. Its a sad fact that some photos look better at full size and some look better smaller. But there is no denying that the smaller the image gets the more loss of quality you get, and so loss of detail..... but as it is, or for what its worth its just my opinion.

Maybe this quote belongs in the thread Steve Burke started, but it applies here too:

Abraham Lincoln once said that you can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time…Well this was one such occasion!

Edited by Jan V

The point I was trying to make was that it's easier if you can view the whole of each image at once, not all three together. I appreciate that it isn't as simple as that and it may be my monitor that's set up at a different resolution. However I have to scroll left and right with some images and doing that doesn't do the picture justice. A photo is meant to be all viewed at the same time otherwise you lose some elements of it's construction and composure.

As Jan said you can't please everyone and I can live with it, it was just a comment on what would improve things from my perspective.

Rob.

The point I was trying to make was that it's easier if you can view the whole of each image at once, not all three together.

As Jan said you can't please everyone and I can live with it, it was just a comment on what would improve things from my perspective.

Rob.

Does anyone else have the same problem? The entire picture displays on my monitor with lots of room to spare.

Does anyone else have the same problem? The entire picture displays on my monitor with lots of room to spare.

I can't see all of Steve's pic at the same time, but I still use an 800X600 screen resolution cos my eyes are getting old and tired.

The F11 key should give you a bigger screen area, it shrinks your toolbars at the top, you can use it to toggle back and forth.