Carp

severus

Curried goat has always intrigued me after watching it on an episode of Rick Stein. Let us know what it's like :)

Very much like lamb .................. Hmmmmmmmmm!

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Finepix
Very much like lamb .................. Hmmmmmmmmm!

Is it? I would imagine it's quite similar in taste, along the lines of turkey and chicken .... kind of similar, but probably tougher.

:unsure:

kind of similar, but probably tougher.

:unsure:

depends how you cook it :) mine will be far from tough. the taste is between mutton and vension, certainly a lot stonger than lamb. i haven't cooked it for a while, but i'm really looking forward to it. the reason it's sat in the freezer is that mrs jeepster won't eat it :(

Guest Finepix
depends how you cook it :) mine will be far from tough. the taste is between mutton and vension, certainly a lot stonger than lamb. i haven't cooked it for a while, but i'm really looking forward to it. the reason it's sat in the freezer is that mrs jeepster won't eat it :(

Venison and Mutton? Never had mutton, unfortunately.

We all have our preferences where food is concerned, but for some reason the thought of you being married to a veggie is quite amusing :P . Whenever you talk about food it's normally related to some kind of meat!

she's not a veggie (she's also not my wife, but that's another story :)) she just has some slightly odd (some may say hypocritical :)) ideas on which animals it's ok to eat and which it isn't. on the ok list are most of the obvious ones, chickens, cows, pigs, lambs, horses, anything from the sea. on the banned list is all the fun stuff, game birds, rabbit, hare, goat, veal etc etc

Guest Finepix
she's not a veggie (she's also not my wife, but that's another story :) ) she just has some slightly odd (some may say hypocritical :) ) ideas on which animals it's ok to eat and which it isn't. on the ok list are most of the obvious ones, chickens, cows, pigs, lambs, horses, anything from the sea. on the banned list is all the fun stuff, game birds, rabbit, hare, goat, veal etc etc

Ah, I have a veggie friend a bit like that, but as soon as she's pregnant (currently on number 3!) she can't stop eating bacon :blink::lol: .

I wouldn't mind, but she's really opinionated where meat is concerned when she isn't carrying! :angry: Hey ho.

Guest Finepix

Just re-read your 'obvious' list ............ horses :lol: Yep, would generally categorise horse as a bog standard normal meat, can't wait for the day it turns up in Waitrose along side the Beef :P

Went to Tolouse last year saw a market stall selling nothing but horse meat, obviously still popular in france. I recon you shouldnt eat what you aint prepared to kill (I'd never get a horse in the fridge!!) ;) ;)

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Just re-read your 'obvious' list ............ horses :lol: Yep, would generally categorise horse as a bog standard normal meat, can't wait for the day it turns up in Waitrose along side the Beef :P

i eat it a few times a year, mainly (well not mainly, exclusively actually!) when i go over to our house in france.

the reason i included it in 'normal' meats is that sara (mrs jeepster) makes a distinction between big and small animals, it's ok to eat the big ones, but not the small. goats and chickens being the exceptions which prove the rules!

dan, i may have been to the same market, out house isn't so far from toulouse, the horse meat stall is second only to the foie gras stall for upsetting people :)

Edited by jeepster