Carp

severus

Guest Finepix

'Your house in France'! Seriously, every time you put something in a thread at the moment I'm turning greener and greener. I suppose it's a perfect 'gite' with a tiny kitchen open fires and views further than the eye can blah blah blah blah blah!!!

Fair play, you've obviously worked hard for it (still green though :angry: ) ;) . My big sister's called Sara, hates people calling her Sarah, bit like me and Julie, can't stand it!

The horse thing made me chuckle though :P

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some folks do seem to be quirky about food.

I'm reminded of a story of an American who was visiting Spain and had gone to a nice restaurant for dinner.

While he was eating he noticed a meal delivered to a nearby table with much fanfair. The meat portion closely resembled a pair of tennis balls.

A bit later, a similar meal was delivered to another table and again, much oohing and aahing.

When this happened a third time he asked his waiter what the main course was and why the fuss. The waiter told him it was the testicles of bulls that had just been killed by bullfighters at a nearby arena and that they were highly sought after since many believed that some of the vigor of the bull would pass along to the person eating them.

Well the American just had to try this for himself and asked to have a meal of the bull testicles served. The waiter informed him that they were in limited supply with only the ones from the days fights available and that all for that day were gone.

"Would the Señor like to reserve a meal for the following evening?" "Why yes, I would."

Next evening he returned to the restaurant and waited with some excitement for his meal to be served. When it arrived he was very puzzled since his meat more closely resembled golf balls than tennis balls. He asked the waiter about this and was told, "Well Señor, you must remember that the bull does not always lose."

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

'Your house in France'! Seriously, every time you put something in a thread at the moment I'm turning greener and greener. I suppose it's a perfect 'gite' with a tiny kitchen open fires and views further than the eye can blah blah blah blah blah!!!

Fair play, you've obviously worked hard for it (still green though :angry: ) ;) . My big sister's called Sara, hates people calling her Sarah, bit like me and Julie, can't stand it!

The horse thing made me chuckle though :P

perfect gite? far from it! it's barely habitable, we're getting there though, but french workmen don't make things any easier, saras brother lives out there at the moment and is doing a lot of the work for us.

sara pronounces her name sarah and hates it when people call her sara, i'm sure she just does it to be difficult :)

Guest Finepix
perfect gite? far from it! it's barely habitable, we're getting there though, but french workmen don't make things any easier, saras brother lives out there at the moment and is doing a lot of the work for us.

It still sounds dreamy - lucky sod :lol:

i eat it a few times a year, mainly (well not mainly, exclusively actually!) when i go over to our house in france.

the reason i included it in 'normal' meats is that sara (mrs jeepster) makes a distinction between big and small animals, it's ok to eat the big ones, but not the small. goats and chickens being the exceptions which prove the rules!

dan, i may have been to the same market, out house isn't so far from toulouse, the horse meat stall is second only to the foie gras stall for upsetting people :)

Hi Jeepster, I did'nt know you had a place in France too!

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

and that's as far as my written french goes........

So how is your oral (french)?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote