I don't care who mad it, it's one ugly reel !

Tigger

I might run to the £5.65 postage, but £1850.00 never.

One day I will make a gooden from an old bean can and a six inch nail just to prove thats all is needed.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

I might run to the £5.65 postage, but £1850.00 never.

One day I will make a gooden from an old bean can and a six inch nail just to prove thats all is needed.

Brian...your goin' tighter and tighter bud. Sayin' that I think i'd try making one out of a bean can first before i'd fork out that kind of coin for that !

I'm sure Alan will be rustling through his desk for some section papers LOL.

Brian...your goin' tighter and tighter bud. Sayin' that I think i'd try making one out of a bean can first before i'd fork out that kind of coin for that !

I'm sure Alan will be rustling through his desk for some section papers LOL.

Ye might see about changing my name to Ducks ass.

Tbh I don't mind the reel and all the better if it is as free running as he says, but at that price any buyer would be from cuckoo land IMO.

Not nearly a patch on Okumas.... :blink:

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Nah! it's a mistake he put the dot in the wrong place it's £18.50 or at least that's what its worth all these high prices have addled the poor sod's brain :crazy:

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Not his finest hour maybe and I doubt it will sell at that price, still wish I could make something like that though.

Is it based on the Swallow reel or the other way round?

Edited by Rusty

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Not his finest hour maybe and I doubt it will sell at that price, still wish I could make something like that though.

Is it based on the Swallow reel or the other way round?

I don't know Chris. I don't know how long PW has been making reels, maybe it says on his site ? I know Bob James used swallow reels in Passion (passion was made over 3yrs and released in 93 I think) so swallows where around in the very early 90's or maybe earlier.

I just looked at his site and noticed this so snipped it out.....

Much later, when he was trying to buy a centre pin reel in the 1970's and '80's, Paul was frustrated to find that there was little choice, for either his preferred style of fishing or, most importantly, his wallet. The 'Swallow', made by Dave Swallow was available, along with a few others, but none of them quite conjured the timeless quality that had inspired him in the first place.

So it looks like PW may have copied the swallow.

Edited by Tigger

What makes you think its a copy of a swallow? Isn't it just a basic pin with holes in the front plate, some big enough to stick a finger in. Many pins like that and i wouldn't think there is that many different ways of doing it.