Rip off ? ? ?

Guest Silver Back

Pleased to know its not me being tight. :P Some usefull snippets in there, helped answer some of the question I have posted but un answered re Nikon D100/D70, usefull links etc. Books and charity shops, thats an area I used a few years back, but had completly forgoten about, the past couple of years has been a bit of a desert as far as photography is concerned. Need to dig around in the loft and find the couple of books I have, and there will be a whole load of new ones now! :D

:ph34r:

strangly when buying a magazine of any persuasion the object i'm after or having just bought never gets "tested" .

pc related mags (a couple are better than others) seem to think that a video card costing £400 can be evaluated with a cheaper and several months older lower spec version ,strangly the more expensive one gets the top marks ,well it should do thats why its expensive :rolleyes:

does anyone use any of the programs on the cd's we pay for (nothing is free) not i ,the actuall content is crammed between the pages of adverts and seems to keep covering the same topics over and over :angry:

take p.c mags "crashproof your pc" cries the front page and the first bit of crashproofing software you load buggers it up and it needs a total overhaul to put it right.

i have no problems paying a fiver for a cd less mag but lets have something inside to justify its cost :rolleyes:

in the camera mags all the enhancements for your imaging software always seems to revolve about photoshop and the poor paintshop users get a raw deal .

nothing new i remember "crash" magazine slowly over time getting less programing and more and more adverts ,mind you having spent days programming a speccy then having to wait a month for the "addendum" to get the program going was not so good :D

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chester, sounds like you have had some similar expriences. Never do what you want, when you want it. But thats the same on all the magazines, take sea fishing mags, the amount of overseas fishing trips they cover, I recently counted 4 continental features in one months issue, in one of the three mags that will remain name less! I cant afford one continental fishing trip! :blink: I will stay a shelf reader, and 'Mr Smith' can continue to have steam coming out of his ears. :P:lol:

Thank god for the web and informed forums ;)

:ph34r:

no Colin it just means that now your getting it at a price where they still make a huge profit including what they pay for the free bits ,pity they dont ditch the free bits and make it even cheaper :D the saving you get for a subscription is really the proper price the over the counter price takes into consideration the sellers fee plus the cost of refunding the seller when he returns them after a month if their unsold ;)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

What do they eat? :unsure:

blurp i have back numbers of my own (i think its number 2) :D