Best cheap big lures help

Adam247

Hi guys and girls been a while since been on as family commitment and new job hunting have taken over. Still been getting out when I can. Anyway back to ge point. My mes bought me a bait casting setup for my birthday :D yay me !! But have no lures to use with it and need recommendation on what braid to go for and any recommended lures - casting weight of the rod is 30-100g and the reel is max spool filling @ .30/110 yards. I currently have 3 lures from general stupidity when first started lure fishing and not really knowing what I was after so have 2 savage gear swimbaits and a spro bbz 6inch lures but can anybody recommend any decent priced lures ? Even ones that are state side as I have family going over who could pick me up some. Any help would be great

HONOR IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, EVEN WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING ...

Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza

65lb Power Pro will allow you to cover a fair bit of ground with a fairly wide array of lures. It's a mid-weight setup so you could fish pretty much anything from Alphabet lures (Cotton Cordell Big 'O' or Shakespeare Big 'S'), to spoons (Dardevle, Toothy Critter Muskie), spinnerbaits, bucktails, shads, minnowbaits, Springdawgs, medium weight jerks (Salmo Slider - Medium Shiner or Real Roach is a good start) or even wobbling deadbaits. Just don't go too heavy. It's not an all out jerkbait setup.

By the by, the lures you have already are just fine.

Edited by Andy Macfarlane

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I have Chinese Dyneema line from Ebay that I can't say I have had any problems with.

If you buy 80lb BS the the margin of safety is so great you don't have to worry so much about quality

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Sorry guys when I ment big lures I was thinking between 50-90g and costing within £5 to £10. I know that if I was to buy from the states and import charges it would cost the same or if family was buying them for me would be just under half the cost with current exchange rate £1=$1.60 are lures even available for this much or would it be best I learn how to make them from a good wood source ?

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza

Beg, steal or borrow a kayak and take a paddle along the far bank of your local canal. They just hang from the bushes like sweets on a Christmas tree.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Adam - if you can find what you want from the Bass Pro site you can buy them and have them shipped to a Bass Pro store at no extra charge.

I would be happy to pick the order up from the Concord, NC store since I'm there fairly regularly and if you gave me a US mailing address (where your people will be stopping - home or hotel either will do) I could send them on. All I'd need is my postal cost sent to my Paypal account after I picked up the lures and got the cost of shipping.

I'll leave lure suggestions to the UK anglers.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thanks newt for the offer - I might just take you up on that ... And not a bad idea lutra . But Liverpool Leeds canal isn't the best of places to use a kayak lol

Thanks newt for the offer - I might just take you up on that ... And not a bad idea lutra . But Liverpool Leeds canal isn't the best of places to use a kayak lol

Err Adam, I live on the 'other side of the hill' to you, and use the same canal. It's proper name is the LEEDS Liverpool canal.

With the way United are at the moment, please don't try and pinch one of the few bits of fame we have left :cry: .

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John