Best cheap big lures help

Adam247

It's called the Leeds to Liverpool canal because that's the best direction to be travelling on it!

It's only feels that way, because of the anticipation of the return journey!

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

oh aye how could I forget salmos Andy. I swear its one of them lures that gets better the worse it looks :D

post-7003-0-57374400-1400668800_thumb.jpg

on the subject of shads I had my first ever pike hit on a wee trout shad by storm which bit the tail off. first pike caught on lure was a storm wildeye rippin shad(with rattle).

got a lot of time for these lures :)

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Took some advice about a small kayak going down the canal and had two of my old lute retrieved :P and a new big lure that was stuck under a shopping trolly - only noticed it due to the colour of it and the fact I had to move the trolly to get access to a float that was jammed up in it. Don't think my mate is getting his kayak back any time soon :P

HONOR IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, EVEN WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING ...

Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza

Yep, when I started lure chucking, we fished a few overgrown lakes that pretty much only ever saw lure anglers. In winter, all the lost lures would become visible and we would take a small grapnel on a length of paracord to get them down with. I still have a bunch of found lures around somewhere.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

What's people's view on spider wire stealth red core braid ? As been offered some by a friend in a strong strain

HONOR IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, EVEN WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING ...

Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza

its not a bad line, I used some teflon coated stuff years back and didnt like how stiff it made the line and some nasty tangles that happened because of it (i think) but it wore off and it felt ok. soon replaced with power pro and will keep using it.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Andy

if you are after getting some big shads and swim baits try this site: http://www.agmdiscountfishing.co.uk/large-shads-c-39_47_131.html?page=3&sort=5a I get most of my soft plastics from them.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.