Creat an impresion, 'Get out the Best Glass' . . .

Guest Silver Back

Good glass? logical realy, the entire image passes thought the lense 'befor' it hits the sensor/film, mess it up in the lense and no amout of fidling in PS will get back what is not there or is compromised?

I go back to my days in domestic Hifi, much focus was put on amplifier and power of same, and yet, the 'Cinderelas' of Hifi were the 'Turn Table/cartride/arm' (yes, vinal in those days) retrive the infomation poorly and no amout of high powerd quality amplification will change anything. Everything in the chain after the T/Table is simply a passive servant. The situation made worse by a good pair of speakers (my field) that reproduced the poorly retreived, amplified music, worts and all! :o

Therefore; Image, poor glass, now destorted/out of focus/poor colour balance, image captured, transfered to computer and printed out, result, unhappy and frustrated photographer.

What can be done, some sugestions please on good lenses, good P&S with a good lense? There was mention of £5000.00 for the sort of lense that might have been used for the 'Sunset/Owl' picture. I was thinking more in outstanding quality/at the price type sugestions. I mentioned in the 'King is dead post' a Richo 2mp P&S camera I started with, the reason I purchased the camera was that the lense was, of its type, suposedly very high quality, not being an expert, relied on comparative reviews and the experts that wrot them, the flash was c***p, but then I rarly use flash on P&S. The magazine I write for used the pictures to good efect.

Any one got any ideas, APO lenses for instance, are they realy worth the extra, or has modern technology made them obsolete in amater terms?

Or, am I talking a load of old 'Tosh' (cleaned that up a bit Elton)????

:ph34r:

Hey, can you tell, I'm still at home sick, feeling a bit board, trying to shake this flu by Saturday, (Lemsips are doing ther job now). Suposed to be going to the London Boat show then, S50 in hand might get a good competition pic., 'Comunication'?

Edited by CJS2