Taking the p***

Spur-Hound

Will have a browse when im back-gotta run out to the shops...

NU are really doing my head in, ethe last two times ive reached a call centre in India, the guy says yes we will give you a qoute aslong as you do a quick survey about the service, of which he proceeds to press all the buttons for "good service" then hangs up on me!!!

Edited by Spur-Hound

Tight Lines

Shaun

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NickInTheNorth
Will have a browse when im back-gotta run out to the shops...

NU are really doing my head in, ethe last two times ive reached a call centre in India, the guy says yes we will give you a qoute aslong as you do a quick survey about the service, of which he proceeds to press all the buttons for "good service" then hangs up on me!!!

then get a quote online - much easier and usually cheaper, also you can usually make changes to the cover, such as excess etc which can change the premium.

Also you can see what extras they are stiffing you with!!

I'd been half expecting this topic since you passed your test Shaun (well done BTW), my son had a similar problem when he passed about 18 months back, the cheapest quote he got was from Liverpool Victoria, it cost about £1000 for the first year but that included a 50% reduction as an introductory offer, car was a Pug 405 1.9 diesel.

i'm dreading mine its £124 last year and may shoot up a couple of quid.

it helps to drive a boring car (mines a 1.6 D reg golf) and ofcourse that 50 barrier helps ( one reason to not regret getting older).

i'v posted this before and as its relevant will do again.

in my renewal the year before last (same insurer) the renewal quote was £189 from £127 from the year before!!

i went online to the firms website but the quote only dropped to £179 !!

i tried again but WITHOUT putting in the renewal number and it dropped to £124 !!!

i lapsed the insurance 1 day used my quote to reinsure and got it for the far lower sum!!! when the lady phoned up to enquire where my proof of no claims was i told her to look on her computer (tee hee) this years actually dropped no doupt they found out i played their own game ,its cheap for new customers! bleed the old ones.

the biggest rip off is the honda 90 insurance £51 :o with a mandatory £250 dooda on it .mind you with it gets lower each year

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

in my renewal the year before last (same insurer) the renewal quote was £189 from £127 from the year before!!

i went online to the firms website but the quote only dropped to £179 !!

i tried again but WITHOUT putting in the renewal number and it dropped to £124 !!!

i lapsed the insurance 1 day used my quote to reinsure and got it for the far lower sum!!! when the lady phoned up to enquire where my proof of no claims was i told her to look on her computer (tee hee) this years actually dropped no doupt they found out i played their own game ,its cheap for new customers! bleed the old ones.

Good move Chesters. I'm beginning to think what others have told me about you may not be completely true! :P:P

it is mrs Newt it is

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Don't spoil Chester's fun, Jan. He's got a bad reputation to maintain! ;)

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Don't spoil Chester's fun, Jan. He's got a bad reputation to maintain! ;)

Oops - you mean I'm not supposed to be nice to him or ever agree with him? :blink: Guess we really wouldn't want to encourage the poor guy :P

Guest Brumagem Phil

So Mr flag waver chesters drives a GERMAN car!!! *slaps forehead with disbelief then falls about on the floor laffing!!*

Edited by Brumagem Phil