Taking the p***

Spur-Hound

i drive the car i can afford ,if it had been a different make or colour for the same price at the garage that day i would have got that one.

had 2 landrovers in my time so learnt that british isnt best when it comes to cars.

my last car was an A reg mazda 323GT (never saw another) it was far more comfortable than the golf but i gave it to my son when we lived in a camper (even chesters1 cant drive 2 at once) fair deal though when you pay a fiver for brake cylinders and £20 for shock absorbers you cant beat the VW ,VW is a british company anyway in one way without the brits it wouldnt have existed :P

it doesent matter to me the make or colour just that its cheap to run and reliable :)

i have to balance the quota a F reg Renault espace that counters in every way the golf :P for some reason french designers make getting the heater fan out a whole days work compared to the golfs 5 minutes :rolleyes: they also put the bit that burns out in the fan in the fan rather than in the fusebox as i have :blink:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brumagem Phil

I just found it rather amusing that your avatar is a union jack with a piccy of old winston in front of it yet you drive a "hitler mobile".

No offence intended, it just tickled me :)

i'm dreading mine its £124 last year and may shoot up a couple of quid.

it helps to drive a boring car (mines a 1.6 D reg golf) and ofcourse that 50 barrier helps ( one reason to not regret getting older).

i'v posted this before and as its relevant will do again.

in my renewal the year before last (same insurer) the renewal quote was £189 from £127 from the year before!!

i went online to the firms website but the quote only dropped to £179 !!

i tried again but WITHOUT putting in the renewal number and it dropped to £124 !!!

i lapsed the insurance 1 day used my quote to reinsure and got it for the far lower sum!!! when the lady phoned up to enquire where my proof of no claims was i told her to look on her computer (tee hee) this years actually dropped no doupt they found out i played their own game ,its cheap for new customers! bleed the old ones.

That happened to me this year on my bike, my insurance went from £110 3yncb to £138 4yncb, and that was just third party, i left them as when i tried to insure with them the year before i was told they would only insure me third party only as my bike is kept on the road at night, i ended up getting it this year for under £130 fire and theft.

Its well worth ringing about and telling other companys why you wont insure with them.

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

Shaun,

Join here as you have a Mondeo (don't worry, it's free)

http://www.scottishmondeoforum.com/

then contact Adrian Flux on 08700777888 or look at www.adrianflux.co.uk tell them you are a member and you will get 15% discount

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!

that 50 barrier helps ( one reason to not regret getting older).

Your time will come Chesters !

When you get to 70 they start trying to push the premiums up

There is even a pressure group that wants all drivers over 70 off the road.

Good job you still have your yellow fluorescent cape and bike ;)

Treasure it - you will need it in twenty year's time.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Hi all

chesters is right buy a boring car and your price will drop.

i got a volvo340 and a 480es and the 340 was my first and insured through norwich union for about £405 pyr(drops fast enough),now ive got 3yrs NCB behind me and a garaged 340,im now getting qouted well under £400 even with the 480 despite being bigger cc 1.7i(and a sporty car too

the mondano is fine for a first car but cc could have been lower thus helping plus being 29 now helps(over the teen worry for them):)

no offence ment

i clocked my ncb by using a dull cc first

also got roadside recovery with the same company for five pound a month.:)

i tell ya 1.3cc can still whip a saxo off traffic lights(not condoning racing me i swear):):)

good luck mate and clock up your ncb and be safe

sg

Edited by billy5000

Billy, I'm insured via Volvo Owners. I don't bother to check the premium each year now as when I have they've easily beaten anyone else. I imagine it's because they put Volvos in a lower group than competitors on the grounds that many Volvo owners are old fuddy-duddies and so are safer drivers!

The cover is wider than normal and the service was excellent after our recent accident.

Go to http://www.volvocars.co.uk/FinancialServic...rsInsurance.htm

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Mondeo owners club??? ROFL, I've heard it all now biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

i wish there was a uk espace site (maybe a hint for someone) theres absolutly nothing except stuff in french ,you see plenty about but no support anywhere ,billy5000's 480 site he uses is outstanding and life would be sweet if all car sites were like it ,theres everything you need type in a problem and get a reply

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I'm insured via Volvo Owners. The cover is wider than normal and the service was excellent after our recent accident.

Me too - amongst the wider cover is that you can drive in Western Europe without having to go cap in hand each time you go abroad

You don't know how good an insurance company is until you have to make a claim.

Glad to hear they treated you well Steve

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...