scarborough tonight

Ben Edwards

I've not fished Scarborough for a few years, but I'm interested onhow it's doing.

I've been told that Marine Drive is a bit risky, since the new sea defences have been finished. So I would imagin, if your not a regular there, fishing at night maybe a bit dodgy.

Walking the tide down, North Bay, may prove productive. I would need to ask the local anglers where on the beach though.

At the end of the Pier you can fish all tide states. Fishing on the seaward side needs to be a good cast, over low water, to get past those rocks ledges.

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

Im working tonight so cant get out with you Ben........ Just driven past the North Bay tho and theres a decent sea running with a reasonable swell. Follow what I mentioned before and you have a decent chance of a fish tonight...2-3 hours after high tide opposite corner cafe/slipways area......you are casting into the "hole" created by the old sewage pipe and the rock formations 100yds or so down the beach then for the last 2 hours of the ebb into the area opposite Clarence Gardens round the drive approx where the Oasis cafe is. You want a grip lead and a single 4/0 or 5/0 hook on board.......sometimes I use a smaller hook pennell style above the main hook if im using big baits........just in case a fish attacks your bait from the snood end :P

You been down there in daylight yet at low tide to see the rock formations and "holes" I mentioned??

Hopefully should get out next week sometime

Best of Luck mate

Skippy

So many questions so little time....

Will do........ Grip leads are best I have a bag full if you dont have any :P Shouldnt lose many , if any, at Filey........ Ill have to try and get some worms if gonna go.......Ill keep ya posted :P

If I go Ill be fishing the high tide down for a few hours.....not too late as got work early monday

Skippy

So many questions so little time....