word help

Norm B

:D Does anyone know how to recover a deleted word document. I spent an hour typing up a report and when I closed it I was asked if I wanted to save it and for some reason I clicked the NO button and it disappeared. I know when I worked for an insurance company the help desk recovered such a mistake for one of the secretaries, does anyone know how? :angry:

Unless its in your recycle bin Norm, I don't think so. If it was a brand new document that you had not previousely saved, it only existed in the memory up to the point you said NO, then not at all. If anyone can come up with something that proves me wrong I will be very glad !

DON'T PANIC

This may not help this time, but in the future. Name/Title and save the file, even if there's nothing on it, then keep pressing the Ctrl + S keys periodicaly.

I doubt if you can recover it if it was only held in Ram. I hope I'm wrong though. :(

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Jan 15 2006, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D Does anyone know how to recover a deleted word document. I spent an hour typing up a report and when I closed it I was asked if I wanted to save it and for some reason I clicked the NO button and it disappeared. I know when I worked for an insurance company the help desk recovered such a mistake for one of the secretaries, does anyone know how? :angry:

:D Thanks for your help guys but I found it quicker to retype it, albeit an abbreviated version. :rolleyes:

Norm, does this mean SAN will be late again next month?! ;)

:D Hopefully not as it's done now, just waiting on some more reports to come in and the ads to be confirmed. The January issue was out early as a Christmas treat for you. February's copy should be in most shops and with subscribers by the 27th of January. Obviously offshore islands a bit later. Some very good fish in this issue, as usual. Poole Cod Festival featured, plus 10lb + mullet, 33lb cod, big bass and flounders. I'm just too good to you. :rolleyes:

P.S. Your bullhead looks more like a short spined sea scorpion.

Edited by Norm B

You must enable 'autorecover' for this to work:

<Tools><Options><Save> always create backup copy, save autorecover every 5 mins.

This will hold copys of whatever your doing, to load the backup you go <file><open> and select all files *.* then look for the word backup file on your HDD.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Jan 15 2006, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D Hopefully not as it's done now, just waiting on some more reports to come in and the ads to be confirmed. The January issue was out early as a Christmas treat for you. February's copy should be in most shops and with subscribers by the 27th of January. Obviously offshore islands a bit later. Some very good fish in this issue, as usual. Poole Cod Festival featured, plus 10lb + mullet, 33lb cod, big bass and flounders. I'm just too good to you. :rolleyes:

P.S. Your bullhead looks more like a short spined sea scorpion.

Maybe even long spined! But well done for noticing...bullheads are freshwater fish related to the sea scorpion. Here in Worthing we call sea scorpions "Heads". Catch them, and you don't catch much else!