What Are You Reading?

Elton

As usual I've got about 3 books on the go at the moment (1 in me briefcase, 1 bedside, 1 next to my Pc at home!!!). My commuting read is currently 'The Frozen Water Trade' by Gavin Weightman.

Bedside book is The Open Creel by HT Sheringham - Jaq got me the Medlar repro for me Birthday last week.

And I've half way through Clifford& Arbery's Redmire Pool...

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point taken Jeepster. The weird thing is I always have trouble sleeping when I have to be up very early the next day. I think I will try and restrict them to those days, about seven days a month. Am I a junkie now? :)

I think if I was a lottery winner I would go to bed about 3am every day and get up about 10am. All this early morning stuff just is not me.

Yeah Davy, I understand that, so I'm off it at the moment. I just need to win 10 million and I'll be sorted :)

To get to sleep, I generally have to read (or get legless).

Currently, I've got a Michael Connelly 'Harry Bosch' trilogy on the go.

I quite like those ones of his, but have been less impressed by his other work.

What's your bedside read right now?

I have just read Lynn Truss's book 'Eats Shoots and Leaves' which was really very funny - I identified a lot with that book!

I was so struck with the book I am now reading her new book 'Talk to the Hand' - Which should be mandatory reading for the more volatile posters on the Sea Angling forum.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

The latest Harry Potter book

'With winning in mind' a sport psychology / shooting book - looking at winning from the mental angle

And then I've got the latest Nick Hornby book - can't remember the title.

Oh just remembered I also have the 'long way round' <I think> - the book of Ewen Magregor <sp?> and friends motor bike trip across most of Russia

Rob.

Guest Finepix
The latest Harry Potter book

'With winning in mind' a sport psychology / shooting book - looking at winning from the mental angle

And then I've got the latest Nick Hornby book - can't remember the title.

Oh just remembered I also have the 'long way round' <I think> - the book of Ewen Magregor <sp?> and friends motor bike trip across most of Russia

Rob.

I completely fell in love with that programme when it was on a year or so ago. Keep meaning to buy the book, but always forget!

My son (9yrs) picked up the first Harry Potter book in October, by the first week in Jan he'd finished all six :blink: I'm tempted to pick them up but if I read them before the Hobbit I don't think my Dad would talk to me again :lol:

"Nymphs and the Trout", Frank Sawyer, 1970

and

"The Pursuit of Stillwater Trout", Brian Clarke, 1975

On revisiting, both remind me that there is no point in re-inventing the wheel; all we need to do at the water's edge is to THINK.

Yaaaaaaaayyyyy!

Hold on. Are you saying my book's a sleeping pill replacement? :unsure::2:

Nah, my put-me-to-sleep reading is real boring stuff. Morris doesn't come close to qualifying that. Actually it would be a good way of keeping Newt awake - the snickering, giggling and howling. :clap2: