39 Megapixel Hassleblad!

Steve Randles

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice camera and when you consider that $37,000 US is only £20.943.84 it starts to look quite a bit more reasonable. OTOH, the seller would probably have to charge VAT so it wouldn't be quite that cheap.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest Finepix
Well nice as it is, drooling as I may be, for £20,000 I would want four wheels and fuel injection too...at the very least.. :wheelchair:

Here here! At the end of the day is it really necessary to spend so much on a camera? Surely if you can't take a decent image with a disposable camera, having one of these isn't going to help you!?

I have a very strong feeling you would have to pay to be in one of those photographs, taken on this camera. I also suspect it will be a studio camera, permanantly connected to a PC or MAC and Photoshop, where when the photo is received all sorts of whistles and bells will go off and files will be 'shopped and emailed to Hello magazie, printed off for billboards or made into Christmas cards for the Prime Minister etc etc.

I dread to think how one would manage carrying that thing around on an outdoor shoot, let alone keeping it still to avoid camera shake. I still want one though.

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

it's funny seeing peoples reactions to the prices of kit. the cameramen i work with regularly use £75,000 of kit and take it into riots, warzones etc etc.

i've got about 10 grands worth of sound kit, i couldn't do the job without it, but when punters i meet working say 'how much is that lot worth then?' and i ask them to guess, they always say 'about 500 quid?' and are amazed when i tell them the value (which often i don't if they look like they're a chance they might nick it!)

the new toy i've just bought was £2995 + VAT, just got to get some work in now to pay for it!