39 Megapixel Hassleblad!

Steve Randles

just got to get some work in now to pay for it!

I think you hit the nail on the head there Jeeps, for most its a hobby not a wage earner. Yet..

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thing is, the money you guys are paying for your cameras, you're getting top notch kit that you could use to make money, and i'm sure it will happen for some, given the quality of images i'm seeing on here

Well in Australia the price of a digital camera averages around $100 per megapixel, so I wouldn't think that camera was worth more than $3,900. That is still a VERY expensive camera! How could anyone justify that amount of money for a camera.

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Really high quality optics are always going to be pricy so I imagine the lens has quite a bit to do with it.

For instance, with telescopic sights for a rifle, you can get a decent Bushnell for $100-$250 depending on exactly which specs you need. Same scope from Leupold or Zeiss in one of their better quality items would be $600-$1000. Go for the top range of Swarovski and you will be paying $1500-$2000 for your scope.

Worth the difference? I'm told it would be if you needed the best possible optics. I did fine with a Bushnell but then I shot rifles pretty much like I do a camera.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Lenses would swallow up a large chunk of the money, I don't know how "fast" it writes to memory but maybe that swallows a chunk more.. R&D and mould making and testing and specially made components and more testing,, the list goes on and with no real hope of volume sales, the price is not excessive.

I looked at review of a camera and lens last night, and marvelled at the images...then I found out that the lens cost almost £6000 on its own.

Quite a few on here are willing to pay £2500 for camera and lenses just for "snapping"

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Now thats nice but not much use for the sort of stuff I do.

Jon, you;re right with the amount we carry, all my kit is worth around £30,000, one of my lenses is £4,000 on it's own.

That is a nice pice of kit you just got, I know what you mean about finding the money to pay for it, I've just done my tax for the year and it looks like I might be able to get a new camera... as long as it's a disposable one :(

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!

thing is, the money you guys are paying for your cameras, you're getting top notch kit that you could use to make money, and i'm sure it will happen for some, given the quality of images i'm seeing on here

Why do you think I don't put anything up... don't want to get shown up ;)

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!

not to be outdone, here's my new toy, just ordered it, can't wait!

(and i knwo it's not a camera, but i'm sick of seeing you snappers having all the fun :))

http://www.sounddevices.com/products/744t.htm

Blimey. I didn't even realise you could still buy new CB radios :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Guest Brumagem Phil

20 grand for a camera?!?!?.......give it a week and it'd be covered in bream slime too I'll bet :P

Was actually looking today at a digi camera as it happens......Nikon D200....not sure how much better it is than the D70 though.

Any comments from those in the know?