Here's another one for the frankly sectionable!

Alan Roe

This one will have the dear old anoraks dribbling from all orifices and reaching for their chequebooks!!

Ebay No 111364045202

God only knows why its only a fishing reel!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Just being a peasant I might be able to find a spare tenner, so any pointers for a bargain usable pin.

Or 99p would be even better. :)

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

A Bijou ! Good find Ian.

I've got one of those !

It has a history of catching too. It is now in retirement and has been sitting on the office mantlepiece for the last fifteen years. Despite being described as 3" it is really about 2.75" and weighs an ounce shy of half-a-pound - so a really chunky little reel. AND it has more of the original silver(ish) paint left than the one on ebay !

Don't waste 99p on ebay, Brian - if you want a Bijou, I will bring it up to the Broads in August. Its an ideal reel for vintage gudgeon. :hypocrite:

What's a vintage gudgeon ? It's an elderly depressed-looking gudgeon weighing over two ounces.

BTW, have you ever seen a gudgeon smile ? No? neither have I.

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

A Bijou ! Good find Ian.

I've got one of those !

It has a history of catching too. It is now in retirement and has been sitting on the office mantlepiece for the last fifteen years. Despite being described as 3" it is really about 2.75" and weighs an ounce shy of half-a-pound - so a really chunky little reel. AND it has more of the original silver(ish) paint left than the one on ebay !

Don't waste 99p on ebay, Brian - if you want a Bijou, I will bring it up to the Broads in August. Its an ideal reel for vintage gudgeon. :hypocrite:

What's a vintage gudgeon ? It's an elderly depressed-looking gudgeon weighing over two ounces.

BTW, have you ever seen a gudgeon smile ? No? neither have I.

Nice one Dave. Does it spin free enough to trot with? If it does I will happily give it a new life. Would just need to find an undesirable (cheep) rod to put it on.

Would be nice to catch a few fish with a setup that a kid could buy with his weekly pocket money.

Edited by lutra

.1. Does it spin free enough to trot with?

2. If it does I will happily give it a new life. Would just need to find an undesirable (cheep) rod to put it on.

Would be nice to catch a few fish with a setup that a kid could buy with his weekly pocket money.

1. Quick answer, No - unless you use a very large float in a very swift current :)

2. I will bring it anyway , the check is set for RHW, and is strong enough to slow a tarpon run !

Just been playing with it, and realise why I put it on the mantlepiece in the first place.... but let's have a bit of fun with it.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

1. Quick answer, No - unless you use a very large float in a very swift current :)

2. I will bring it anyway , the check is set for RHW, and is strong enough to slow a tarpon run !

Just been playing with it, and realise why I put it on the mantlepiece in the first place.... but let's have a bit of fun with it.

ok so it's a gudgeon/pike reel. I'll pack a bung or two. :)

God only knows why its only a fishing reel!

Very true, a Coxon Aerial fishing reel I think. The seller didn't know but he's probably got a good idea now.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

As soon as the heading came up for the 'Franktly Sectionable' i knew i could relate to it. But it's way over my head. I have after recently moving found a Woolworths Fishing kit all still in it's original packing from it must be about the early 70's.

Is it worth anything?

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon