Usual end of May thread

Rusty

When we first had a boat on the Thames years ago I used Pellets for everything after dark they caught me Chub,Barbel a few fabled old river carp and Bream lots and lots and lots of Bream double 22m halibut on a hair ......Bream triple 22m halibut ...Bream 34mm Catfish sized pellet with a 22mm on the same hair..... Bream never anything realy big Bream wise well certainly not compared to Anderoos Wingham standard but would be an interesting thing if a few of us tried on different sections to see we may be surprised by the size and as a plus after dark turns up many things but a hint as to Chub areas .

I am in if only to wind up the mrs with the smell off pellets in the boat....Can`t think where matthew may choose to fish though !!!!!

I might have a cunning plan Steve!

The ones I had were generally 5-6lb and judging by the number of line bites there were a lot of them! I saw one gasping on the surface in the same stretch one year after spawning which was a lot bigger, certainly 8lb+ But I've never tried to catch them so who knows how big they go.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I've got stacks of pellets I'm unlikely to use, which I got for the crucian fishing. I'm very tempted to go and tip them all into the Thames and have a proper go for the bream in opening week. I've had a few from one stretch while chubbing in the winter, and the average size is pretty high. I quite fancy a day quivertipping for them.

Is there much risk the bream will still be spawning in opening week?

john clarke

All I can say is that the 'Traditionalists' have missed out on six weeks of good fishing. :whistling:

Then again its up to the individual and that's all that really matters.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

All I can say is that the 'Traditionalists' have missed out on six weeks of good fishing. :whistling:

Then again its up to the individual and that's all that really matters.

I've had a few Stillwater sessions this close season but I just find myself getting bored for some reason! Although I'm tempted to go and have a go for a few carp off the surface this evening with my new rod

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

The on-going runoff from one of the wettest winters ever along with periodic downpours like todays have made this the first closed season in years that I haven't got out chasing the Severn's spotties with the spinning or fly rods. The only trout fishing I managed was a day on a resa.

Here's hoping the rivers will be right for the start of the season. Even if they're up a bit, I can at least bait fish once the season opens.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

It never really changes for me, the expectation is almost too much to handle, the Rivers look awesome, and I just have to chose where to fish, last season the rivers were low and clear at the start, never a good thing for me, this season, well if it is anything like 2012 it will be awesome.

But I do appreciate rain is not for everyone, at least we can have a reason to be cheerful when it does.

Worms hasn't fished it yet, do you think that the fish chasers monitor our planned trips just in case? I can understand the secret squirrel approach if you've caught something remarkable and don't want to tell anyone but surely........

Yes, history and the internet has proven as much without any kidology about it.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...