Members Photographs

TubularBelle

I started one of these in another forum and it was very popular so thought I would give it a try here. You can include details about yourself and family and where you live etc if you like. We live in the picturesque Adelaide Hills of South Australia, (sadly susceptible to bushfires, 9 people perished this time last year)

This is a photo of HellBelly (Michael) and TubularBelle (Tracy) taken for the occasion of my 40th birthday, just 3 months after we met. Michael was 28, just 6 years older than my son. We all got dressed up for the occasion including my 13 yr old Shih Tzu Wilbur (sadly now passed) wearing a bow tie. Taken in 2000.

michaelandtracy2000.jpg

And here are my three sons, taken on the same day in 2000. Left to right: Adam 14 (now 19), Brett 22 (now 27) and Craig 19 (now 24). This portrait hangs on our lounge room wall and I was chuffed when a friend of Michaels visited one day while I was sick in bed and said, "Why do you let your girlfriend have a picture of her husband and kids on the wall?" He thought Brett was my husband! I can't believe that in 5 short years I have gone from having three young men living at home, to two married sons, three grandchildren and one on the way, will post pics of them later. Cheers.

2000FamilyTree.jpg

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why thankyou Sandy, I hear that a lot less as I get older so I do really appreciate it, Brett and I got confused as a couple once when he took me to his church to meet his friends and he absolutely hated it. Doesn't help that he is very mature looking for his age.

Where is your photo?

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Guest sandpipper

Im not as easy one the eye as you are, and hate having my photo taken.lol

i was looking at your pictures {what is that tree your all sitting on} i only wonder because we dont anything like that here in the uk?

It's a Morton Bay Fig Tree, over 150 years old the photographer told me. Morton Bay is on the coast of Queensland somewhere. Yeh it was a shame to get so little of it in the photo, it was HUGE and we travelled all the way across town on a 35C day for that spot. Poor Wilbur didn't cope at all, I am holding his head up in later photos and he had to be removed altogether before we finished. The final portrait that I chose had to be cropped because Wilbur was licking his b___s! :lol:

Edited by TubularBelle

Morton Bay is is just off Brisbane Harbour, now your impressed eh. :clap2:

Also the home of the "Morton Bay bug" a delicious flat crustacean that I remember scoffing lots of when I was there.

bug_01b_morton_bay_bugs_are_very_tasty.jpg

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet