Members Photographs

TubularBelle

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest allibee

this is hard as i don't take pix unless they are of fishing but here are a couple of the daughter thing

cally2.jpg

cally4.jpg both taken on a fuji finepix 6900 zoom

and one of the man thing

ianseat.jpg think this one was the canon 10D we had before the 20's

Edited by allibee

Keep on posting people, I love to see your faces, and other bits!

@merlino bill, I think the file size limit is 150kbs. I put all my photos into a folder and then just click on 'image' in the options and you can resize them easilly. If you keep the longest side of the photo at 700 or less you should be right. If you are really struggling with it you can email the photo to me and I will resize it for you and post it or return it. PM me for my email addy.

@Steve Reeves, you have a lovely family, or are they are trio of trouble? They look a bit cheeky.

@allibee, those pics of your daughter are very artistic and she doesn't look at all like a fish! And you remind me of some actor, is it Armand Assante? or maybe the racing driver Peter Brock, can't decide, very nice tho. :thumbs:

@Nurse Judy, Is that you in your avatar? Aren't you cute.

Has anyone seen the tennis player Lyndsay Davenport? She looks like me when I was little I think! Will post a pic as soon as I can get my scanner to work :angry:

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Guest franticfisherman2

this is Hannah who married into my family in 1829. She died in 1895 aged 90, the photo may have been taken when she was about 60 although it is hard to tell since I don't have the original. I haven't worked out what relation I am to her yet.

webxxx5jr.jpg

I am lucky enough to have a cousin who has researched our family history extensively.

My great, great, great grandfather Daniel, (on my grandmothers side) was one of 14 brothers and sisters. One of his brothers, William, went poaching with 2 of his cousins (Joseph and George) on 6th Oct 1841. They were accosted by one John Dunkley, the gamekeeper of the Marquis of Northampton, who shot and wounded Joseph. The 3 retaliated and killed the gamekeeper. They were lucky to be found not guilty of murder but were found guilty of manslaughter and all 3 were transported to Hobart, Tasmania on the Tortoise in 1842.

William had been married before he was transported but he married again in Hobart in 1850 and died there in 1885 aged about 75. It seems likely that he will have had children, so I will probably have distant relatives somewhere in Oz.

:D

What an attractive lady Frantic!

maddog you should post that lovely photo in the new sunrises and sunsets thread.

This is me taken last August holding a Tubular Bells oil painting my brother did for me for my 40th birthday in 2000. Have been obsessed with this album and artist since I was 12, any other Mike Oldfield fans in here?

Tracywithpainting2.jpg

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Guest Finepix

'any other Mike Oldfield fans in here?'

I really like the Original Tubular Bells and the 'Moonlight Shadow' song about John Lennon, but other than that I don't really know much about his music.

An obviously huge talent though.

Music for me? Radiohead, Joni Mitchell, Nick Drake, Turin Brakes, The Smiths, PJ Harvey,

Kate Bush, a bit of Drum 'n' Bass, especially when we're in the car .... the list is endless really, I'd better stop here before I hijack this thread as well (which I've recently noticed I have a habit of doing - oops :P