Members Photographs

TubularBelle

Shoes is a She ................. :)

i meant 'she' i meant 'she', it was a typo honest! hehehe :P

here's numbers 2 & 3 of the 4 cats.. dont ask me their names, i've forgotten..

gay & gayer lol

5c755356.jpg

7ce7fc98.jpg

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the pussies! and I am not a cat lover, or shoud I say, as I am seriously alergic to cats, 5 minuits with a cat and I'm off work for 3 to 5 days! We used to have a cat 'Smokie', we could not understand why I was permanently ill for 18 months. Lady Doc., finaly got to grips with it, Smokie went to new home on a farm, and I now avoid cats! After 12 months we enquired of the famer how Smoke was doing, he replied, 'he's the best mouser he has ever had', happy ending :D

:ph34r:

Guest Finepix

BM those cats are scrummy. And what great pics! I'm having trouble with indoor pics at the moment. I can never get the wb right.

Hey ho :)

My favourite thread this, I love kids and animals and they are all gorgeous.

Angel Grace turns 4 in May

Angelsmiling.jpg

Bryce Oliver turned 1 in Feb (Angels brother)

Bryce.jpg

Caitlin Cristie turns 4 in April

Caitlincheeky.jpg

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

• 2 weeks later...
Well heres mine, as always I'm still learning, so comments welcome on the photos, especially "technical" stuff ;-)

Hey Mat, you've got two very sharp & well exposed photo's of your strapping lads there. Re the "technical stuff", the composition of the photos is slightly spoilt by the distracting items in the background. I would either try & crop these shots a bit more tightly to your subject, or when taking the shot try & zoom in on your subjects, which will reduce depth of field & throw the background slightly out of focus, making any objects in the background less distracting.

Blue Marlin & Finepix - 'triffic cat shots there, I love the ones in the basket BM. :clap3:

Cameraman, smashing shot :) , my granddaughter looked just the same when we had her on sunday & her Great-grandma gave her a Jaffa cake.

TB, love all the B&W shots, you've got a very photogenic family. Do you shoot in B&W? Or convert it afterwards?? I really must give it a try sometime.

Nice family shot Wirral, I take it that's you bottom right, I'm not brave enough to post my piccy. :ph34r: Is "The old girl" trapped down the back of the cushion? :lol:

My contribution, Granddaughter Morgan, refuelling at her Great-Grandparents.

morgan_2603d.jpg

@CJS2, I am allergic to cats too but not seriously. We were never allowed to have a dog when we were kids so I have always had cats, and my 15 yr old cat is so affectionate she jumps on the back of the sofa and then head butts you. I know every time I let her nuzzle up to me that it is going to cost me red eyes and itchy skin but I can't resist her, she's worth it.

@Rabster, we actually took those shots in B&W because they were a Photo Comp in FishSA, 'Portrait of a Child, in B&W'. It's funny because I saw Julias B&W shot of a baby and thought it was splendid and the next day someone picked that for a theme. HB started the same comp we have here and it is up to Challenge 5 now, 'In Motion', but it is not getting the interest that this site gets. In fact, apart from me and HB, there is only one other keen and decent photographer (Benito) whose talent is being wasted over there so I have suggested he join us here until the FishSA one picks up at least. His photo and the ones of Caitlin and Bryce got into the finals and his won. Angel stiffens up when a camera is pointed at her. Other themes we have had so far are 'Looking Up', 'Wooden Structures', (HBs jetty pic won that one), and 'Decay' which is being voted on now and Benito will win it, of a rusted truck in a field.

We had a little drama yesterday because it was a terrible day, heavy rain and bad weather etc, and a member posted a pic of a dolphin swimming in calm blue water for the 'In Motion' comp and claimed it was taken that day. We got 3 pms from people saying it was suspect, which was annoying in itself as none of them have entered any of the comps, so we checked the exif data and saw it was taken last October. But what to do about it as it was obvious this person had blatantly lied, so the pic was removed and we considered banning him from future comps. BUT he is the ONLY other regular contributor, he apologised pleading ignorance (which was simply not true) and asked to enter another pic and then I checked his profile and saw that he was just 13 years old, so we have decided to not make a big deal out of it. Have told him though that for any future entries he submits which have been cropped or edited etc, he must email us the original photo or he will not be allowed to submit it, too harsh you think?!

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

awe kids are just so sweet.. Jan those pics are special and rabster that one of yours drinking from the beaker is amazing... just found out some close friends are having a baby and i'm just so happy for them, but at the same time wishing it was me :( oh well plenty of time i suppose (not) :( (sob sob) i'm so broody now and wish for a mrs right to come along so i too can have some little horrors of my own hehehe

haven't got many pics of me but this one was taken recently.. i know it says 'no fish' but what the hell...

here's me proud of catching at least something here when all i'm use to catching back home is carp :)

4d81bb96.jpg

I'll marry you! I'm a bit old to have children now but I come with a ready made family!!