Cherished but odd!

Julian

All just as boring? Are you serious?

Just my warped sense of humour Julia. :blink:

Being something of a non-conformist I can never guess how something will go down with other people.

Thanks for the history, fascinating stuff.

OK, here's another, now this one is boring.

On the extreme left is a new YMCA building in Tottenham Lane, Hornsey. Not sure of the date, I originally thought it was post war, but searching the net it may be earlier, possibly 1929.

My connection is that if you could look about 90 degrees further right, my first school (Rokesley) would be behind there, (although not in 1929). If you turned right round you'ld be looking at where my dad worked in the fifties and early sixties, Roberts and Newton - Printers.

oldpics228go.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pics., brings a lump to my throte, I have a suit case full of family photos going back to the early 1900's. Came my way when Dad died in 2000 :( Along with his extenceive colection of transparancies. Dad was not a camera junkie, he just had a natural eye for composition, some of these tranies are wonderfull, but then I'm biased. All are of family holidays, outings and in latter years personal pictures that were in essence studieas of my Mum, most taken on there holidays, they loved each other so dearly, hear comes that lump again! Unfortunatly, I have not kept a scanner as I have up graded my computer. One day maybe when I retire, I can turn them into a photo file?

Thanks for reminding me of my family suitcase!

Cliff

A touch of the Arkwrights on the left of this one. :)

I can't tell you anything about this one. A wild hunch tells me it may be in Leintwardine.

Does anbody recognise the church? (I shall take a bigger magnifying glass to it tomorrow and try and read the street name)

oldpic35go.jpg

Does anbody recognise the church? (I shall take a bigger magnifying glass to it tomorrow and try and read the street name)

May be worth scanning just the street name very large and at high resolution. That may pick it out.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

when i saw the title of this thread i thought it was about ferret :)

I'm incredibly surprised there has been no comeback to that comment, but there ya go...lifes full of surprises.

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

I'm incredibly surprised there has been no comeback to that comment, but there ya go...lifes full of surprises.

Not quite true Steve. I let out such a howl the dog woke up and growled at me. That was another good snipe Jeepster!!! :yahoo:

Edited by Jan V

the one of the platform looks just like brighton station!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the welcome, Steve. :thumbs:

However, you won’t be saying the same thing this time next month when I’ve posted my 998th rally car picture… :crazy:

Well.....its next month now...and not a sausage!! :yahoo:

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet