Photo Challenge # 5 Transport

Hellbelly

Well done Ollie, I really liked your second entry as well.

Who is that in your avatar?

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you....it wasn't meant to be an entry to the challenge as i was just trying different stuff on my new camera.....but then kinda run out of time so put it in anyway :D

lol thats me.....but don't worry its not my real hair....it was a wig that i had to wear for a new years eve bash....... :lol:

You can view my photo album @.... olliejays photo album

Wow what a fantastic challenge this one was.....all i can say is it must of been a hard choice to pic just three from such a fantastic range of shots....Hope the next challenge brings in as much interest which i have no doubt that it will so keep em coming peeps....and a big thanks for putting one of my pics in the final three.....means alot (well chuffed) the traffic lights one blew me away and the bluebell railway one brought back some cracking memories from when i visited there many years ago.....and in black and white really makes the shot in my eyes

well done to all who entered and good luck to Chris and Paul

Ollie.

Thanks Ollie. Best of luck to you and Paul.

I'm really chuffed to be in the final three.

My favorite was "Speed Of Light". My passion is finding patterns and isolating them with the camera. Speed of Light is just my kind of thing; bold, simple, dramatic.

I've always been a bit envious of those who can capture the human condition. I only rarely manage something I'm proud of. Hats of to you Ollie.

Chris

I was out fishing this morning which was a disaster as put my maggots in the freezer last night instead of the fridge which killed them all off, then when i got to the lake i had forgotten my keys for the gate to get into the car park :wallbash: . I eventually ended up on a river for a couple of hours trotting with 2 pints of dead maggots which resulted in a lost grayling at the net 1 small bullhead(which was a pleasant surprise) and a minnow (which wasn't).

After fishing i come home to watch the football and after seeing spurs win(which took them closer to us in the league) and seeing my team lose, i was not best pleased, but when i seen one of my pics chosen for the vote i was over the moon(as they say) :) as they where all great pics and i would not like to choose between any of them.

I think i had better picture's to enter than the bike (especially the first one as its the first time i have tried panning), but seeing as motorbikes is another one of my passion's it got the choice over these two which i feel are better photos but the heart ruled over the head :D.

oulton-park-fire-truck.jpg

EXIF

Make - OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.

Model - E-500

DateTime - 2006:01:27 12:35:43

ExposureTime - 1/40 seconds

FNumber - 13.00

ExposureProgram - Manual control

ISOSpeedRatings - 100

ExifVersion - 0221

DateTimeOriginal - 2006:01:27 12:35:43

ExposureBiasValue - 0.00

MaxApertureValue - F 3.50

MeteringMode - Multi-segment

FocalLength - 74 mm

ExposureMode - Manual

WhiteBalance - Manual

air-france-1.jpg

Best of luck to Chris and Ollie as they are verry good pics :thumbs:

Edited by paul mc
Regards Paul Mc

Cheers Paul

shame about your fishing trip mate.....wasnt a great idea to freeze your maggots then!! lol Love that top pic of yours there......what settings did you use for that one? the color has come out extremely well in my opinion :thumbs: well done and i look forward to seeing what you come up with for the next challenge!

You can view my photo album @.... olliejays photo album

Took this today at the Bluebell Railway in Sussex.

Title: er.... Bluebell

Photographer: me, Chris (aka purplealien)

Date: 4th Feb 06

train1.jpg

It was taken on auto with an Olympus zoom compact (3 mega pixels).

1/50 sec - F3.8 - ISO 102 - 60mm focal length

Converted to greyscale in Micrographix Picture Publisher, shrunk to 700 pixel height and sharpened a little.

That looks like your final winning photo?

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Congrats to the 3 finalists, all very good entries and were in my top three. My problem was that I had six in my top three :blink: , so I'm glad I didn't have the job of narrowing it down further.

I have to say a big well done to Ollie for coming up with two terrific entries so soon after buying what i think he described as his 1st decent camera. You've obviously got an eye for what makes a good photo Ollie.

My personal favourite from the moment I saw it was "Bluebell" by Purplealien, a terrific, atmospheric shot, which was emphasized by being B&W.

A question to Medwaygreen if I maybe so bold (& I'm probably being slow on the uptake here) - I don't get your two roofers one, what was your thinking that tied this one into transport? :huh:

Cheers all & good luck to the chosen ones.

Cliff

Edited by rabster

Guest Finepix
Congrats to the 3 finalists, all very good entries and were in my top three. My problem was that I had six in my top three :blink: , so I'm glad I didn't have the job of narrowing it down further.

I have to say a big well done to Ollie for coming up with two terrific entries so soon after buying what i think he described as his 1st decent camera. You've obviously got an eye for what makes a good photo Ollie.

My personal favourite from the moment I saw it was "Bluebell" by Purplealien, a terrific, atmospheric shot, which was emphasized by being B&W.

A question to Medwaygreen if I maybe so bold (& I'm probably being slow on the uptake here) - I don't get your two roofers one, what was your thinking that tied this one into transport? :huh:

Cheers all & good luck to the chosen ones.

Cliff

Totally agree with you on Purplealiens shot, as soon as I saw it I wanted it in the finals, it got my vote (sorry, they are all great but I can only vote once).

And thank you for asking 'Medwaygreen' this question, I was too scared to ask :o:lol:

Me too! :)

Rabster, which were your other three favourites? this is time to let people know how close they would have got to getting into the finals if YOU were the judge.

HB doesn't have time to post, poor bugger works 14 hour days, but I know some of his other favourites were

Going Nowhere

The two 4X4 pics (can't tell you how close one of them was to getting picked, HB is a VERY keen 4X4 enthusiast)

Speeding Along

Speed of Light

and Rabsters Tram to Work

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

I would have gone with the following three.

"Going nowhere" - ayjay

"Tram home from work"- rabster

"Bluebell" purplealien

They all just scream transport to me...:)

Steve

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet