Photo Challenge # 5 Transport

Hellbelly

Rabster, which were your other three favourites? this is time to let people know how close they would have got to getting into the finals if YOU were the judge.

OK, in addition to the chosen three my faves were: -

Finepix 'These Boots Are Made For Walking', I think this was not only well shot, making good use of depth of field, but also showed great imagination, which is something I struggle with so appreciate seeing in others work.

Going nowhere by Ayjay, which is a terrific subject very well photographed

and Ollies 2nd entry, there are some great entries showing headlight effects, but I think this one is all the more interesting due to being shot during daylight, it makes for a really weird effect, plus begs the question, did the gritting wagon crash into that building that's facing you? :blink:

All entries are good though - I say, this is fun! :lol:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to be in the final three but i have just been looking through the entries again and i have to say......it must of been well hard to pic just three from them as there all fantastic shots!! to be honest I'm not sure how i got in there but if i didn't and i had to choose i would of probably put the same two that are there and maybe the tram by rabster or the shot by Steve with the slow down signs and probably could of chosen many more!! so well done all and thank you all for your comments on my pic's :D and rabster.....it did manage to take the corner ok just spilt loads of grit!!! lol

Ollie.

ps.....anyone else struggling with this next challenge? lol

You can view my photo album @.... olliejays photo album

I can tell you that HB did it by a process of grouping and elimination, while it may seem unfair to some, we both thought that it is good to get a variety of shots in the final three, like even if MY three favourites were ALL the traffic light shots because I REALLY liked them I would not have chosen more than one, although I would have really struggled choosing only one. The second 'group' was between 'Going Nowhere' and 'Bluebell', B&W photos deserve a category all their own, and Ollies was picked because it was so unlike the other two and the favourite of those choices. This way it also gives someone a chance to get chosen for originality and imagination, others in that 'group' were Finepixs boots and the man on the gopher etc. And the last group was the tram, trains, bikes and planes etc, all great shots but unfortunately we can only pick three. Not saying that I will be using the same method for the current comp though.

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

CONGRATULATIONS PAUL

Excellent photo, always a winner.

Well Done to Purplealien and Ollie Jay.

These comps just keep on getting better and better.

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Congratulations Paul.....very impressive pic mate! :clap:

well done to Purplealien on coming second :thumbs:

and I'm just happy i got into the final three :D:D

another cracking challenge and i look forward to seeing the entrants to the next one!!

You can view my photo album @.... olliejays photo album