UK Rally championships - Kielder Forest

Steve Randles

The 115 stage miles event in on the weekend 13/14th May.

Has anyone here visited the event and know of any good spots to photograph the action?

TIA.. :thumbs:

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Hi Steve,

Visited Kielder several times – a fantastic venue, not been for many years though.

Not sure which routes they will be using within as there as so many! I understand there will be about 85 competitive miles within the forest itself. Not sure how they are the running spectating with it being the National – they may have set locations, which could prove a bit crap. Much better to get away from the crowds if possible but as yet there is nothing on the website about the stages. Motoring News should carry a preview shortly before the event which usually gives a few choice locations and times, etc. Much will depend on the weather – if it’s dry I’ve found its best to avoid tight areas like hairpins with tree cover as the dust rarely settles before the next car comes – so would then go for more open areas, etc.

If you have the time, it could prove lucrative to get to the Friday shake-down. Usually more relaxed and with a little perseverance you can get *very* close to the cars and drivers. It’s usually quite relaxed and many are happy to speak to you, so some great photo opportunities. B)

Should be a good event this year – will be interesting to see how those M-Sport Fiestas perform!

Cheers...

Julian

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!