feel free

nursejudy

Please feel free to comment about how I can improve this is the original to the one on "the pic of the day" i just zoomed that one a bit ,i think!I have downloaded the Exif stuff but how do I attatch it.

Exposure time 1/60th,F.no f5.2,exp value +- oev,max aperture f2.83,focal length 23.7,iso speed rsting 6624...thats not what it says on the camers...sony dsc-w12 taken this pm....all comments gratefully received

judy

water.jpg

Edited by Steve Randles

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Why B/W Judy? I do like water that looks like water and not "silky" stuff.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Judy,

I think you have done very well, the shot is n focus and the depth of field is good throughout. There is detail in the shadows whilst the highlights are not blown. So exposure is good.:) Did you use a tripod or was this handheld? And did you shoot this in black and white or in colour and convert to B & W?

If there is a problem then I think it is with the angle the shot was taken at, it looks like you where quite high up above the river, I would have liked it to be a few steps more downstream and turned the angle in towards the weir (so the weir goes accross the scene) and also taken from lower down, prob waist height-head height from water level.

Great shot Judy!

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Nursey here's your EXIF with the maker note stuff removed. That's a bizarre ISO. Must be a bug or mean something else. Have a look at these. Click on any picture to expand it.

Oh yes - nice shot!

- Primary Image

Image Description =

Manufacturer = SONY

Model = DSC-W12

X Resolution = 72

Y Resolution = 72

Resolution Unit = Inches

Last Modification Time = 2006:01:19 15:01:26

YCbCr Positioning = Co-sited

Reference Black/White = 0/1 255/1 128/1 255/1 128/1 255/1

- Exif Specific

Exposure Time = 1/60 sec [0.017]

F Number = 26/5 [5.200]

Exposure Program = 6608

ISO Speed Ratings = 6624

Exif Version = 0220

Original Create Time = 2006:01:19 15:01:26

Digitalization Time = 2006:01:19 15:01:26

Components Configuration = YCbCr

Exposure Bias Value = 0

Max. Aperture Value = 48/16

Metering mode = 6496

Light Source = 6512

Flash = 6528

Focal Length = 23.70 mm

Flashpix Version = 0100

Color Space = sRGB

X Dimension (Pixel) = 640

Y Dimension (Pixel) = 480

Scene Type = 00

Rendered by Customer = 6672

Exposure Mode = 6688

White Balance = 6704

Scene Capture Type = 6720

Contrast = 6736

Saturation = 6752

Sharpness = 6768

Edited by Lid

Judy,

I think you have done very well, the shot is n focus and the depth of field is good throughout. There is detail in the shadows whilst the highlights are not blown. So exposure is good. :) Did you use a tripod or was this handheld? And did you shoot this in black and white or in colour and convert to B & W?

If there is a problem then I think it is with the angle the shot was taken at, it looks like you where quite high up above the river, I would have liked it to be a few steps more downstream and turned the angle in towards the weir (so the weir goes accross the scene) and also taken from lower down, prob waist height-head height from water level.

Great shot Judy!

Steve I managed to find the b/w bit on the camera,it was handheld,I wa shigh up,not shod for scrambling down a muddy bank!!!hwhere did you find that exif info from?...how do you attatch it to the photo for posting?hopefully for Den this is simmilar shot but in colour...told you I was experimenting.thanks for the welcome comments ....including free feels :D

water3.jpg

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Guest Finepix

It's a great image Judy, water is always a tricky one to get right.

One thing I would change would be your point of view. Looking down on the water in this way is not doing it justice. It looks (to me) as if you were standing above the water and took the image pointing the camera down (I apologise if I am wrong), or perhaps you were on a bridge of somekind? Anyway, always try and look for the best possible angle (and sometimes this means getting wet - honestly!). Try another shot looking up towards the flow or from a lower point of view, ie kneeling or lying down (when it's raining I take a black bin bag out with me incase I have to get down and dirty ;)

Give it a go ........ and thanks for sharing, getting advice and tips from everyone is the best way to learn as I've found out myself from a couple of other sites.

:)