Finepix s5600......

Ollie Jay

Hi i have been after a new camera for ages now and as the last one i was interested in was no longer being sold i have seen this camera (Fuji finepix S5600) today and wondered if any of you have any views on it? would be great for feed back and if by chance you have some shots that you have taken with it that you wouldn't mind pm'ing me that would be great :) just I'm kinda quite keen to get a nice camera thats gonna be a good introduction to manual controls to experiment with.

Many thanks

Ollie.

You can view my photo album @.... olliejays photo album

Guest Finepix
Hi i have been after a new camera for ages now and as the last one i was interested in was no longer being sold i have seen this camera (Fuji finepix S5600) today and wondered if any of you have any views on it? would be great for feed back and if by chance you have some shots that you have taken with it that you wouldn't mind pm'ing me that would be great :) just I'm kinda quite keen to get a nice camera thats gonna be a good introduction to manual controls to experiment with.

Many thanks

Ollie.

From owning the S5500 I would recommend it. It's an excellent camera, compact and easy to use. It also feels really good in your hand, just comfortable and well balanced. To be honest I've never had any problems with the camera, it helped me on my way and never let me down. You can also add lenses to it (with the adaptor) which was an absolute bonus for me, especially with macro photogrpahy.

Raynox sell a reasonably priced range, usually available at Jessops on line.

Not sure if you seen any reviews ... http://www.dpreview.com/news/0507/05072802...5200zs5600z.asp

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/review.php?reviewId=1330

(S5200 and S5600 are the same depending on which country you buy them from)

I can't help with images from the S5600, but feel free to take a look here http://www.treknature.com/members/Runnerduck/ and here http://www.treklens.com/members/runnerduck/ for images of mine taken with the S5500.

-Julia :)

Edited by Finepix

Cheers chaps......been having a go this eve with it but only to get a feel so no shots for the potd thread yet Cliff.....but as soon as i have recharged and get a few hours to test it out proper you guys n girls will be the first to see the result :D

Steve i look forward to posting many of pics of most will probably be as you say disasters to start with but after taking in tips from the forum and plenty of Manuel reading and practice i hope to post some crackers :D

I'm like a kid with a new toy this evening....... :D

Cheers chaps

Ollie

hi ollie

i to have been a owner of this camera for a few weeks now and the only drawback i have found is the batteries it eats .

but i have cured that problem by buying the car adapter ans sorted out a small sealed 12 volt battery.

the lead costs 30 quid ,but i had got through 4 sets on a shoot with the lens at full stretch.

the batteries that come with the camera last very long but they cost around 4.99 a pack of 4 , keep away from duracells it eats these very fast.

other than that prob , great camera , i'm waiting for a tele lens off ebay so will let you know how it works .

any probs please ask.

ian

Guest Finepix
hi ollie

i to have been a owner of this camera for a few weeks now and the only drawback i have found is the batteries it eats .

but i have cured that problem by buying the car adapter ans sorted out a small sealed 12 volt battery.

the lead costs 30 quid ,but i had got through 4 sets on a shoot with the lens at full stretch.

the batteries that come with the camera last very long but they cost around 4.99 a pack of 4 , keep away from duracells it eats these very fast.

other than that prob , great camera , i'm waiting for a tele lens off ebay so will let you know how it works .

any probs please ask.

ian

If the S5600 takes 4 AA's (same as the S5500) just get re-chargeables (think we've had a thread about this already). I used 2000mAh's. On a full charge they would last at least 2 days, with full use and downloading.

:)

Oh, and congratulations on buying it, I hope you have lots of fun and I can't wait to see some images :D

hi ollie

any probs please ask.

ian

Cheers Ian, nice bit of info mate and yes your right id does eat batteries quite quickly but as finepix has just said rechargeable work a treat.......i also might look into the car charger thing though just encase it comes in handy whilst I'm out. Hope your getting along well with your s5600 and would love to hear how you get along with your new lens!

Finepix.....have been taking a few shots with it but still alot of Manuel reading to do so nothing to adventurous yet! lol heres a couple of practice shots i have taken on auto just to try it out for color and stuff.....the second is taken through a window so any tips on how to take better shots through glass?

My youngest girl

Model = FinePix S5600

Exposure Time = 1/125"

F Number = F3.2

Exposure Program = Normal program

ISO Speed Ratings = 400

20060124practice00064un.jpg

Fruit and veg shop over the road......lol

Model = FinePix S5600

Exposure Time = 1/240"

F Number = F3.2

Exposure Program = Normal program

ISO Speed Ratings = 400

20060124practice00202sw.jpg

just getting the feel of the camera really.

Edited by Steve Randles