Norfolk Broads Boating Holiday

Mat Hillman

All good advice there!

I might suggest something along the lines of my 10ft Greys GRXI travel spinning rod.

It's not a cheap rod but it's just about the most versitile one I own.

It's landed a double figure Greek Dorada, it's a good Mullet rod, use it for all my attempts at spinning for Bass, not total overkill for Chub and Perch and is an easy rod to cast most 'normal' spinners and plugs as a sporting Pike rod..

I've found it really useful.

I've been doing a lot of cycling in the last few years and I can get the rod in its tube and just about everything I need for an on the hoof session in one pannier.

Could be worth a look would stow away easily on a cruiser..

Edited by dant

First broad after wroxham bridge i have caught some bloody big pike in there but you have to know the right spot and you can't fail you really can't but i am not telling you that much detail as our eastern friends might be reading ....

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon