braid on centrepins anyone?

jeepster

mono's i like are include 3lb sufik line&2lb,4lb,6lb puddle pig low dia dragoncarp line,KRYSTONITE line 6lb,drennan floatfish 2-3lb,maxima of course 5/6lb,drennan double strength stuff sometimes.

i was surprised at the ‘Puddle Pig’ dragoncarp line as its a marketed as a method feeder line but it floats !! ,i had a bulk spool with some left so i tried it out and its been ok,its a Translucent ‘Flo-Crystal’ monofilament line so its a clear line and comes on a 1000m spool and a dia of 0.20mm~6lb. and 0.25mm~8lb for £7.99 each or 3 for £15 they also sell in store smaller spools of 100m at 2lb & 4lb for £4.99 each.

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Silstar Team England (or Match can't remember) Blue Spool and face with team on front?

- Down shed too cold! - Found it piccy

They do it in 6.6 / 7.9 and 10.1 b.s. Its the best line I have ever used and has the low diameter but suppleness to lay and come of the spool wonderfully. It needs line float on it for long term use.

The 6.6 is for chubbing and the 7.9 to 10.1 for barbs.

I find braid can become a bit waterlogged with constant trotting, also I do a lot of holding back and line mending so I am in good contact all the time with the end tackle, usually shirt button unless fast rivers targetted then often semi stret pegging with bulk shotting inches or so from the hook.

Chub with size 6 drennan crystal hook with flake. Fine wire and longish shank, very sharp and pull though bread easily on the strike.

My barbel trotting is either same hook but size 4 for meat or drennan carbon size 12 for tares/16 for caster. Never below 7.9 line for me.

Graham

post-4558-1138231322.jpg

Edited by Graham Elliott

I use Silstar Team England (or Match can't remember) Blue Spool and face with team on front?

- Down shed too cold! - Found it piccy

They do it in 6.6 / 7.9 and 10.1 b.s. Its the best line I have ever used and has the low diameter but suppleness to lay and come of the spool wonderfully. It needs line float on it for long term use.

The 6.6 is for chubbing and the 7.9 to 10.1 for barbs.

I find braid can become a bit waterlogged with constant trotting, also I do a lot of holding back and line mending so I am in good contact all the time with the end tackle, usually shirt button unless fast rivers targetted then often semi stret pegging with bulk shotting inches or so from the hook.

Chub with size 6 drennan crystal hook with flake. Fine wire and longish shank, very sharp and pull though bread easily on the strike.

My barbel trotting is either same hook but size 4 for meat or drennan carbon size 12 for tares/16 for caster. Never below 7.9 line for me.

Graham

so do you use a gut bottom or fish straight through?

Tigger.

If you must use mono hooklength, I reckon you need about twice the bs of the braid to be safeish.

If you are using a pin for the first time and barbel/carp fishing on a short line be sure to slacken the drag a little as a Teme type bite can crack you off before the pin has caught up.

Graham

So when trotting for grayling I need to use a 20lb mono hook length then.......................

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!