copyright

chesters1

As i said i have photoshop cs but its useless as it wont open RAW files ,PSP 8 wont either but anyway i,m not that interested in post production ,the ca,era can do tricks that will keep me occupied for a week or two then when i find out in reality my expectations are 50 years away it will sit on the shelf for my metal detecting reports or once yearly photo for my permits

The software supllied with it though has what looks like (to the untrained eye) RAW editing software but i doubt it will ever be used

I used to really into photos down to having a enlarger and stinky chemicals but as i get older i find myself not enthusiastic enough to do anything complicated ,end of life creeping up ? I am certainly not concerned theres just one life so do everything you can like Vagabond etc

I may take the camera on my rounds down the pond but do i really need a picture of a duck? A spaceship perhaps but some bloody animal or bird ,still i might spot some rarIty my wife will be disinterested in LOL

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I'm glad the days of being locked in the spare bedroom with just a red bulb glowing are over, I'm sure the neighbours thought our house was a knocking shop when they saw the red light glowing through a chink in the curtains.

I learnt film processing doing my art degree and I don't miss it at all..its fun in a "mad scientist" kind of way but id rather slam photos through photoshop or a click process software if im feeling lazy. that's the joy of digital.

still training my missus to get behind the mindset of hammering out multiple photos! she has a Lumix with a 32gig sd card in it taking about 4000 photos! LOL most of the time she will take maybe 1 or 2 shots when we go out! I tell her to fill the bloody card up! its not costing anything to look through and delete them afterwards!

she was moaning that my 450d was sounding like a machine gun when I was shooting the barn owl at the weekend! LOL

but even when my father and I were doing our own film processing we had a professional tell us that if he got 1 picture he was happy with out of a reel of film he had done well!!

that mindset has stuck with me!

• Like 1

I was so proud when i could eventually buy my Durst something or other enlarger but as you say at a click you can print out anything you want ,my biggest disapointment though is HP didnt support their excellent 1220c printer ,the basic stuff in windows wouldnt let you do anything with it ,i tried for ages to get it going with every trick in the book but in the end i gave up and binned it ,strangely my older laserjet 6mp works fine even on the infra red / usb dooda i bought for it when parallel ports disapeared from common use although if i could be bothered i have a backplate in the loft and most probably theres set of pins on the mobo to plug it into

Preferred A3 you can print out 2 A4s at the same time anyone got the page turner dooda for a HP c5180 i certainly miss that on the 1220

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

For editing RAW photos I tend to use lightroom far more than photoshop(I find it far easier to work with), although I do tend to import from lightroom into photoshop if i'm stitching panaoramas together or if I'm using the Onone suite for portrait/model work (which is very rare as I do very little of this) HDRs are imported from lightroom direct into photomatix pro before retuning to lightroom for finishing.

The only trouble is if your not careful you end up spending more time in front of the monitor than behind the camera.

With some of the newer canons you can add copyright info directly into the camera without hooking it up to a computer (I know I can with my 7D)

Edited by snakey1

this doesnt do to bad on panoramas ,short one here but it does 360 ,would be better on a tripod though ,big sky for a valley!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66064212/DSCF3077.JPG

hmm stitched ok but the quality isnt great ,too much choice in settings!

Edited by chesters1

very confused .100x zoom ,best quality but tiny file under 1mb?

post-1265-0-90949000-1402786155_thumb.jpg

very confused .100x zoom ,best quality but tiny file under 1mb?

My hypothesis; based on previous observations of my pics is that your pic is, 1) almost b&w , 2) doesn't carry much detail (in comparison to some subjects) and therefore doesn't need to be very big, 3) you've buggered up the settings without realising it.

My hypothesis; based on previous observations of my pics is that your pic is, 1) almost b&w , 2) doesn't carry much detail (in comparison to some subjects) and therefore doesn't need to be very big, 3) you've buggered up the settings without realising it.

No its 4000 odd by 3000 odd so its a big picture and saved as fine so best quality ,perhaps the camera thinks the sky is black so presumes nothings there so doesnt include it?

I will try a RAW version tonight trouble is the camera keeps forgetting my settings and i have to remind it of a couple when i turn the selector even in the personal section.

I do wish though i had a remote trigger even on the tripod it wobbles on full zoom i have to use the timer to get round it

New tripod is nice though i bought a taller one a hama 63 which for under £20 delivered was a bargain

Edited by chesters1