Tip

Guest Finepix

Guest Finepix

Spent an evening on line recently trying to find a (cheap) in car battery charger for the camera.

We camp a lot in the summer so I thought it would come in handy.

Ended up buying this, which I am so pleased with. It has a lot more uses and worked out cheaper than the original product I was after.

http://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05.php?t_id=437&t_mode=des

:)

behold the mystic powers of the inverter!

one word of warning, watch what you plug into it, if you overload it, it's a long walk home :) and they don't do you alternator much good either, but as long as you use it wisely you'll get on just fine :)

oh, and just one more thing, as that's a US one i'm guessing it outputs 110v, make sure you only use 110 friendly PSUs with it, unless it outputs 220v as well

well reading the whole thing would be handy, it's 240 :)

Edited by jeepster

Guest Finepix
behold the mystic powers of the inverter!

one word of warning, watch what you plug into it, if you overload it, it's a long walk home :) and they don't do you alternator much good either, but as long as you use it wisely you'll get on just fine :)

oh, and just one more thing, as that's a US one i'm guessing it outputs 110v, make sure you only use 110 friendly PSUs with it, unless it outputs 220v as well

well reading the whole thing would be handy, it's 240 :)

Jeeeeez, speak English!! Sorry Jon, you've completely lost me :blink:

As for the 'long walk home' thing, we'd only use it when the car was on (?) as we've had problems with the battery in the past, is this ok??

Ta - Julia.

i missed the bit that said it outputs 240v (UK style juice) so you can plug cameras, laptops etc in it. wise to run the engine at the same time, or you'll have a flat battery soon enough. but whatever you do, don't run more than one thing at once, you'll wish you hadn't :)

inverters are great, i carry one with me for battery charging and running small lights when i need to in an emergency.

Guest Finepix
i missed the bit that said it outputs 240v (UK style juice) so you can plug cameras, laptops etc in it. wise to run the engine at the same time, or you'll have a flat battery soon enough. but whatever you do, don't run more than one thing at once, you'll wish you hadn't :)

inverters are great, i carry one with me for battery charging and running small lights when i need to in an emergency.

You had me worried for a minute there!! Thanks :)